PDA

View Full Version : My flight in a Piper Archer

bluebird121
7th Sep 2005, 16:32
:ok: Hi there..i have just had my very first flight in a Piper Archer PA28.. It was a half an hour trial flight..more really a sight seeing tour.
I took my two friends along with me..it was a lovely day..i was very nervous about doing this as i had done my homework and saw it was a rather small plane..but i am not big so that was not a problem.
the lady pilot explained the basics and we took off..we headed towards Stirling and then Falkirk. cruising height 3000 feet.. I had the controls and practiced a few left and right turns.it was brilliant!
Then we headed back to the airport from the Falkirk Wheel.she took full control although i kept my hands on the joystick just to get the feel of the plane landing...
It was such a good feeling though considering about a year ago i had a real fear of flying. but thanks to forums and flight sims..i learnt more about aviation and this helped me no end..so really what i wanted to say was that if you are scared of flying ..don't be..it is the last thing you think about when you are up in a plane..no matter how small..:ok:

Conan the Librarian
7th Sep 2005, 17:09
Well done Bluebird! That is a brave thing to say and maybe even more so, to do it on Pprune :-)

Wonderful to see that you enjoyed the flight. Who knows where this might lead? Other than a larger overdraft facility, that is...

Conan

Blinkz
8th Sep 2005, 08:07
Congrats, sounds like a nice flight. Where did you fly from? Cumbernauld? I recently got my PPL at Edinburgh. Some amazing flying in Scotland ;)

BOAC
8th Sep 2005, 16:02
BB121 - delighted to hear you had a good time!

We felt this would receive more interest/response on this forum, so hope you don't mind........................

bluebird121
8th Sep 2005, 16:46
:ok: Yes i really did enjoy it so much..i was on such a high all that day... and it has taken a few days for me to calm down....i hope it helps anyone who would love to fly but has been a bit nervous about the experience..and it was at Cumbernauld..a great wee airport and very friendly people .
I will go up again.. but i have to save up my pennies...or rather pounds..:ok:

hingey
8th Sep 2005, 16:48
Glad you enjoyed your flight bluebird! Flying (at least for me) is a truly wonderful experience. I have loved every second I have spent amongst the birds and the clouds, and I hope you go on to enjoy flying further!

h