PDA

View Full Version : Strip / Hangarage South East

912ul
7th Sep 2005, 14:23
Just relocated from Ayr (Prestwick) to sunny Sussex (incredible but true - a noticeable + 3-4 degrees average increase in temperature!!)
I trailered my beloved a/c down and am now in search of a friendly strip, with, or without hangarage. Cold phone calls so far have been most unproductive - does anyone know of any private strips that may have space? I don't want to trailer in and out but will if that is the only choice.
Thanks
Bernie

Airstripflyer
7th Sep 2005, 14:29
If you need somewhere in the West Sussex/Surrey area, give Dunsfold a call on 01483 200900. Plenty of space available.

foxmoth
7th Sep 2005, 17:02
there is a strip just W of Horsham, can't remember the name at present but it was up for sale along with the house so I am sure someone will come up with details - it had hangarage for a number of aircraft but not sure how full it is.

shortstripper
7th Sep 2005, 17:05
I think that was Slinfold Foxmoth? Might be a bit of a shock if one is used to Northern prices though!

SS

muffin
7th Sep 2005, 17:17
It depends where in Sussex you want to be. It is not a huge county but the traffic is awful especially with a trailer on the back!

IO540
7th Sep 2005, 18:19
Most of Sussex is not really driveable at weekends. Kent is much worse, due to smaller roads.

foxmoth
7th Sep 2005, 18:46
I think that was Slinfold Foxmoth? Might be a bit of a shock if one is used to Northern prices though!

Yes,Slinfold was where I was thinking - http://www.barnsetc.co.uk/barn081.htm
if you want to make an offer, as said I do not know if they have spaces but you can always put your name on the end of any list they may have.
As far as the price goes, that will probably apply wherever you look down this way:{

jimbo jet set
7th Sep 2005, 22:35
Where in sussex are you? There is a little known strip next to the A21 just west of Battle (nr Whatlington). Can't remember the name of it but I'm sure it will be in any farm strip guide.

Jimbo