PDA

View Full Version : removal of the R in FI(R)

johnnypick
7th Sep 2005, 08:38
Guys and Gals,
is it possible to remove the FI(R) restriction from previous instructing experience? I have an FAA CFI rating and have 900 instruction given with 100 odd supervised solo flights (mainly JAA PPL's with a JAA examiner in attendance), will I have to go through the process again after I get the JAA FI ticket. E-mailed the CAA a week ago and am not holding my breath.

Cheers

Johnny

johnnypick
7th Sep 2005, 08:55
I was instructing in the US, teaching mainly JAA PPL's.

johnnypick
9th Sep 2005, 14:28
Yes!

Easy, work for a CAA registered school!

You have to be dual rated!

johnnypick
12th Sep 2005, 06:43
You're right, I'm not dual rated. You're question was to train FAA over here, to do that you need to be dual rated. I was teaching at a school in the US, with an FAA CFI rating, teaching JAA PPL's. To do this you do not need to be dual rated (Honest!!) The CAA seem quite happy with this arrangement.

johnnypick
15th Sep 2005, 10:11
Just got word from the CAA, if you're instructing the JAA PPL syllabus in the States on an FAA licence, the solo sign off's count towards removal of the FI(R) restriction.

Whopity
19th Sep 2005, 20:10
But only if the SRG 1133 (FCL676) Instructor Form 2 was countersigned by the supervising JAA FI at the time of the supervised solo flights!

johnnypick
20th Sep 2005, 14:20
Doesn't say any where on the form that it has to be signed on the day of each flight, just that each solo flight has to be signed by the supervising FI. I can't see a problem in getting the form signed after all the solo the flights have been completed.