View Full Version : Netjets - Ferry/ Crew pilots

eghi r20
7th Sep 2005, 07:31
Hi People

Has anyone heard anything yet from Netjets after applying to the recent ad in flight international for crew ferry pilots.

Chinchilla.612
7th Sep 2005, 20:21
Hi eghi r20,

All I have had is a letter saying they had my application and would contact me if I was successful, so long as I met all their requirements.

One of my colleagues who applied at the same time got the same response.

Anyone heard anything different yet?

Chinchilla.

Troy McClure
7th Sep 2005, 23:30
Got a standard letter stating that min requirements are:

Full EU passport
Unfrozen ATPL with valid type rating on a/c >12,500lbs
1500 hours total
500 hours multi

Can't remember exactly what ad said in Flight International, but at the time I met all their criteria with 1200 hours, 100 multi, frozen ATPL and no type rating.

Are they moving goal posts or are their personnel dept out of touch with their marketing dept?

Not been rejected yet, but won't get my hopes up.....

T McC

Freebird17
8th Sep 2005, 06:32
Troy

Sounds like you're referring to a Netjets jet job. The recent ad in Flight was for Beech 1900 crew. Hours requirement was approx 700.

eghi r20
8th Sep 2005, 12:32
yeah it was the Beach 1900 one im asking about. (700TT)

All i got was the same standard email.

Fingers crossed people............

eghi r20
13th Sep 2005, 09:46
come on people........are you holding out on me !!

bigjarv
13th Sep 2005, 11:43
Got the same reply! Standard letter by the sounds of things.

needajob01
13th Sep 2005, 13:03
same reply for me , "thanks for you application, we will take in consideration only if you match our minimum, " bla bla ...
3 weeks after: ????

eghi r20
13th Sep 2005, 13:43
They do say 'no news is good news'.....don't they ??

needajob01
13th Sep 2005, 14:07
or "better late than never"

razzele
13th Sep 2005, 17:43
yeh i got the same reply via snail mail some weeks ago,

nothing further since

:*

needajob01
13th Sep 2005, 21:55
"welcome in the club":hmm:

starship07
13th Sep 2005, 22:10
I haven`t got a reply yet, after I applied 3 weeks ago. Is that bad news or did they just lose my eMail?

Anyone with some experience in the NetJets application process?

By the way:

Requirements were:

F/O: 750TT
Cpt.: about 1500TT, I believe 500PIC on Multi Engine, but I`m not quite sure anymore...

needajob01
13th Sep 2005, 22:29
starship,

this is really bad news for you.

what is the difference between us and you?.

I have a mail telling me, "thanks!!!"
and you have no mail telling you "thanks!!!"...

well, I would not bother if I was you. reapply in 1-2 months.

PM me I will tell u more.

eghi r20
21st Sep 2005, 11:45
Its been 4 weeks since the closing date.. i am guessing they have sorted their crew requirments by now .

still not heard a peep from them though..not even a PFO

A320rider
21st Sep 2005, 12:32
I think the game is over, or they didnt need anybody at the end.
many pilots were expecting a pilot position somewhere else, then have not been selected...

krisschy
11th Oct 2005, 15:20
hello guys !

Does anybody heard from netjets since they received the standard letter ?

kinds regards & good luck

kriss
French 34 years old, 4000 hours, FI/IRI/CRI MEP for the French Civil Aviation Authority FTO.

eghi r20
11th Oct 2005, 19:56
i never heard another peep out of them !!
or hear about anyone else who did ?
Thats Aviation i guess

angelorange
12th Oct 2005, 09:28
Under JAR and FAA rules, the Beech 1900 is a SPA even though it is heavier than the Jetstream 31/32 (which under JAR is MPA) - so if you've got a frozen ATPL and get rated on the 1900 the CAA will keep your licence frozen no matter how many "multi crew" hours you fly in it. Perhaps this is why NetJets want a pilot with an unfrozen ATPL - kudos?

aerdna
13th Oct 2005, 16:33
hi guys

i've heard through the grapevine that the job has been given to scandinavian pilots already type rated on the 1900D. Info given to me by a captain within the company, although he said he is not sure...

ciao

Luke SkyToddler
14th Oct 2005, 07:08
That's partly true Angel, but as long as you can produce a letter verified by an operator / chief pilot that you were flying the aircraft in accordance with multi pilot operations, then you can still get your unfrozen ATPL isued.

Highland Airways do that with their C406 crews for example, I'm sure Loganair do the same with their twin otter drivers and it doesn't even have to be time logged in Europe, I know a couple of Aussies who have been issued full ATPLs based on their multi crew bandit time from down under.

PT6Driver
14th Oct 2005, 19:30
In order to unfreeze your ATPL you need to get a type rating on an aircraft that was originaly certified multi-crew. However the hours spent multi-crew in an aircraft originaly certified single crew may count towards the 500hr multi-crew requirement so long as it is in acordance with company sop's and you get a company letter to that effect.

Pilots of A/C such as the 406 king air etc will still have to get that type rating (and new job, bond, loan etc etc) before they can unfreeze the ATPL.

Hope this helps

Luke SkyToddler
14th Oct 2005, 22:06
Yeah that's how we do it, I've been trying to think of that answer all day today and you've saved me the trouble of looking it up thanks PT6Driver.

Time spent in King Airs, bandits, C406s etc can all count towards the 500 multi crew requirement, but you still need to do a LPC in a multi pilot aircraft to get the ATPL issued. If you have those hours then as soon as you complete your type rating on your first MPA you can just send away your LST report along with your letter from your operator that verifies these 500 multi crew hours, and the ATPL should be issued no probs.

Snoop
18th Oct 2005, 07:33
My company operates all of its aircraft 2 crew, Seneca, Navajo and king air. Does this mean I can log my right hand seat sectors as P2?

angelorange
18th Oct 2005, 18:27
Can only log P2 on such types if they are operated in such a way that the CAA/JAA accept as essential eg: Police flying at night at low level in an Islansder or a King Air used in Calibration of ILS - 2 crew mandatory under ICAO Annex 10 - because latter is flown in a demanding environment - checking CAT3 roll out guidance at 50 feet and fitting around normal traffic - often in the dark with terrain to think about on the go around......(see: www.flightprecision.co.uk)