PDA

View Full Version : Fragrant Harbour HK controllers

PMS
7th Sep 2005, 02:25
To any of the remaining expat controllers in HK

How are you guys enjoying the 11% pay cut of late? As part of the civil service in HK Sar I understand you all suffered the same fate as the rest!

And as well as less of you and increase in traffic levels and below average success rate of the locals, your workload must have increased, while your pay went south, not to mention the exchange rate going against you as well....a double whammy.:*:*

So what gives with the management there? Are they ever going to relax the staff hiring freeze currently in place or do they still have to toe the govt localisation line...because someone will lose face at some stage over this.

would appreciate your comment on the above/

bye for now

:sad: :sad:

throw a dyce
7th Sep 2005, 15:43
I escaped some time ago,but I have one of the HK guys on hols here at the moment.Just about to crack a bottle of red and ask him.Got my ear plugs ready,and the swear box emptied:ok:

From an ex HK atc'ers point of view it's more when rather than if,but I think something serious will have to happen, before the locals can convince the Civil Service.Just hope no-one gets hurt or dies before management listen,and get experience back in there.:*

PMS
8th Sep 2005, 00:16
Throwadyce

tks for your info and if you pick up any interesting goss from your guest would appreciate a PM to me.

Till next time.

rgds

PMS:cool: :cool: