PDA

View Full Version : Limoges, or how to keep familiy and pilots happy alike!

Flyin'Dutch'
4th Sep 2005, 17:37
A few months ago I read on here about flying and holidaying in France and more in particular the Limoges area.

Tried to find the thread back but can now not find it. (Remember that someone moaned that it was an ad so it may have been removed)

Anyway I followed up the information and booked a 10 day break in France.

The place promised good flying, ease of access to a decent fleet and a nice B&B with swimming pool, horse riding facilities, good food etc.

I showed Mrs FD the pictures on the website and she was immediately taken by the idea to spend the last 10 days of my sabbatical in the South France sunshine.

So we duly flew with Ryanair to Limoges for a few quid where my mate Frans was waiting with the car. Quick transfer to the farm where we were greated by Sue.

10 days of basking sunshine followed and the diet was good French fare interspersed with flying, shopping until the girls dropped, swimming, relaxing, reading and a bit of culture.

I was checked out in one of the 3 DR400s the club owns (@ < £60 per Hobbs hour) and we organised a mini fly out to Perigieux for lunch a few days later with Frans and Sue in one of the Robins and moi et famille in another one)

Landing fees are included but even if they weren't they would have not broken the bank. Touch and goes at Limoges are €1 and the landing fee for both Robins was €8-38 at Perigieux. The latter has, of course, like Liimoges an IAP with ILS etc etc etc.

The club has a Mooney and a DA40 TDI too.

Anyone seeking a family destination which can also offer a gentle introduction into flying in France could do worse than stopping off in Limoges.

More details at www.nearlyheaven.com

Brooklands
6th Sep 2005, 12:57
FD,

It was Whirly that posted the info in her story about a solo trip to France. The thread is here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=178889) for any who want to refresh their memories.

Brooklands

Flyin'Dutch'
7th Sep 2005, 05:21
Brooklands,

Thanks for the thread. It was not the one I was referring to but the one you pointed at was a lot more fun to read!

The apparent upset caused by somenone making some valid points made me nearly cry in my tea.