PDA

View Full Version : aptitude

paulriggers
4th Sep 2005, 10:59
I've got my aptitude test day this week, do they still do the test where coloured shapes pop up and you have to press the corresponding button and then they start changing the rules?

If so, what's the best strategy for it as I've done it before and failed it. Is it better to try to attempt everyone or just the ones you know are correct - if that makes sense?!

mickrobbo
4th Sep 2005, 19:31
I believe that test comes on the interview day (computer based test), not the initial selection day (aptitude tests). Pass those first and worry about the rest later.....:ok:

Gonzo
4th Sep 2005, 20:31
Is it on Friday in Brum by any chance?

Pierre Argh
5th Sep 2005, 07:33
Aptitude cannot be learnt, unlike a skill. A well designed aptitude test cannot be cheated and is not meant to be taken repeatedly (then it stops measuring aptitude but learning skills)

But don't let that put you off; have one more go, you might get through if you werre close first time around, just don't expect a major turnaround in results... sorry.

Someone_Else
5th Sep 2005, 13:58
Dont let the fact that if you think you have done poorly in the tests get you down for the rest of the interview day.

Don't know what they are looking for when doing this test, but a lot of people, including myself, thought we had done badly, but got through it!

qcode
5th Sep 2005, 23:47
I did my tests in the early 80's. Aptitude is not a measure of knowledge it is a measure of intelligence. If you can adapt to any situation and know what you are doing then you've got it. There are no ways of studying to pass aptitude tests, it's either there or not. Hope you do well.
Rgds,
QC

paulriggers
22nd Oct 2005, 13:25
well i thought i'd revive an old post to say I finally got through those damn computer tests, 2nd time lucky.

december course for me - wooooooooowooooowooo!!!!!!

Someone_Else
22nd Oct 2005, 22:11
Congratulations!

brain fade
22nd Oct 2005, 23:22
Yes! Well done you.