PDA

View Full Version : Manchester VFR procedures

AlexWhitaker
3rd Sep 2005, 20:00
Hi

Can someone verify if these 2 points are correct:-

1)You can squawk standby in the vfr low level route below alt 1250' as it is class d
airspace, but not controlled.

2)In the VFR circuit, you are mode c (as it is class D airspace) and squawking 3713 as per the textual file.

Thanks

Alex

Squadgy
3rd Sep 2005, 20:50
1)You can squawk standby in the vfr low level route below alt 1250' as it is class g

It's actually Class D, however no clearance or transponder is required to operate in the LLR, so I guess you could squawk standby - but why would you want to turn off a great safety aid?

2)In the VFR circuit, you are mode c (as it is class D airspace) and squawking 3713 as per the textual file.

Not sure what squawk would be allocated, but I'm sure ATC would tell you what to select. AFAIK there's no requirement to have Mode C available, but it must help.

Ronaldsway Radar
7th Sep 2005, 12:52
Would mode A suffice in the circuit? I fly a PA28 in class D with only a mode A xponder, though as Manchester is a lot busier i'm not sure if this still suffices?

Alex - Wind Check :} lol :D!

RR

qcode
7th Sep 2005, 16:35
Did not realise EGCC had VFR procedures. Thought it was class A airspace, therefore no VFR.

Chilli Monster
7th Sep 2005, 17:05
The Manchester CTR is class 'D', the CTA is class 'A'.

Alex1)You can squawk standby in the vfr low level route below alt 1250' as it is class d airspace, but not controlled.

As squadgy says - why would you squawk standby? Do you mean standby or do you mean 7000 - the two are different (contrary to a lot of pilots understanding :rolleyes: )

qcode
8th Sep 2005, 12:39
Found this if interested:-

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/299/DAP_ACD_ManLowLev.pdf