PDA

View Full Version : Are canadians boring?

captain cumulonimbus
1st Sep 2005, 21:15
are they really?

Sven Sixtoo
1st Sep 2005, 23:07
Boring is OK

Boring mostly doesn't make enemies around the world.

Boring mostly gets on pretty well with lots of people.

Boring is pretty low on front-page news, like swindling, lying, cheating.

Being nice to people doesn't make headlines - boring!

And they play a game where they hit a little black thing around on ice and mostly you can't even see it. How boring is that?;)

Sven

bafanguy
2nd Sep 2005, 00:25
My wife is Canadian. For the last 27 years, she has not been boring. Her sister is also Canadian and she's a riot...as are all those NB inlaws.

My favorite FO's wife is also Canadian and she's not boring...neither are her BC relatives.

Of course, when my wife and I got married, I did have to buy her a pair of shoes so she didn't come to the church barefoot. She didn't have indoor plumbing for the first few years of her life, but you should see her bathroom now.

Boring ? ...no...

NZLeardriver
2nd Sep 2005, 01:29
No indoor plumbing? She used to be a man?

spencer101
2nd Sep 2005, 12:55
The closer to an ocean you get in Canada the less boring we become:ok:

bafanguy
2nd Sep 2005, 16:10
NZLeardriver,

A man ? Not that I can tell so far.

Random Electron
2nd Sep 2005, 23:15
Are Canadians boring? No more so than anybody else. In fact, come to think of it, Canadians are amongst the most un-boring people I have come across. (And good fun to have a drink with)

MarkD
3rd Sep 2005, 01:42
well, my missus is quite unboring (although a couple of years in Aberdeen helped :D)

on the whole Canada works as advertised - US with a sense of humour and banter and (bonus) better spelling. :D :ok:

Foss
3rd Sep 2005, 01:54
My God I've got to let my Canuck see this.

They're not boring... just different.
1. She didn't see the sea until she was 13.
2. It takes an 18 hour drive to buy milk.
3. Every statement is a question, 'ay?

(Selling my house at the minute, viewers go upstairs, I look in the hall, shoes left there, yip they were Canucks)

Darling, if you read this don't get mad dear, at least I didn't say you were sort of American.

need2fly
3rd Sep 2005, 02:00
It's spelt 'eh?' at the end of the sentence, and can you really blame us? Just look at how we spell our country's name!

C-eh?-N-eh?-D-eh?

LEMD
4th Sep 2005, 22:34
Need2fly.

That's a good one I haven't heard that one before!

dfish
6th Sep 2005, 02:25
Just look at all the great Canadian comedians, Mike Meyers, Martin Short, John Candy (R.I.P) etc, not to mention the HOT women, Pam Anderson, etc. How could we be boring?

Dave F.

1800-how'smyflying
7th Sep 2005, 02:38
Been here a week and not met any boring Canadaians yet... I'll be on the look out though.

I did have a friend who is coming to visit ask: 'what are the American Juniors like', but I don't see the resembelance.

Canadians do seem to love a good bit*h about American politics, never a boring conversation!

Gerhardt
7th Sep 2005, 02:58
Wait, is this like the question my wife poses at least once a week?

"honey, do I look fat?"

Nah, she always looks great. So yeah, you guys are just fine.

er340790
7th Sep 2005, 20:49
Yes you're all very boring - though in the nicest possible way!

rotornut
8th Sep 2005, 10:37
Another boring Canadian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/secondworldwar/story/0,14058,1547458,00.html

Random Electron
9th Sep 2005, 10:18
And I'll tell you about another very un-boring Canadian I came across yesterday, downstairs in the St Lawrence Market in Toronto, a most un-boring young lady serving coffee in the small coffee stall there. She was so unboring I required myself to stay for about six double expresso's. Made sleeping for the night duty to come back home a bit difficult.

newswatcher
9th Sep 2005, 10:24
I understand that Canadians have been doing a lot of boring in British Columbia recently, especially for natural gas!:D :D

N Arslow
21st Sep 2005, 12:58
Montreal is great for boring too:ok:

brucelee
21st Sep 2005, 13:39
This thread boring. We really do need to get a life.:(

North Shore
22nd Sep 2005, 17:24
Princess (boring) Anne's son is romantically connected with a Canadian, according to my local rag this AM.....by the looks of her, there's some boring going on there....

PPRuNeUser0172
4th Oct 2005, 12:52
A finer bunch of people you could not hope to meet.

No you are not, even though your sense of humour is different, I know which side of the atlantic i would prefer to reside on.

ecnalubma
5th Oct 2005, 01:40
I think that American are more boring especially after they have had one or two of our high test beers. Not very talkative from under the table.

weasello
17th Oct 2005, 15:55
I'm a canuck and don't consider myself boring... a little off, but that's about it :)

I composed a "day in the life" of a Canadian on my website:

Clicky Clicky (http://www.greensheep.ca/weasel/elephant/index.html)

I warn you, it gets pretty boring. ;)

DANTHEMAN77
18th Oct 2005, 11:03
You know your a canadian when......

You're not offended by the term, "Homo Milk."

You understand the phrase, "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."

You eat chocolate bars, not candy bars.

You drink pop, not soda.

You know what a Mickey and 2-4 mean.

You don't care about the fuss with Cuba. It's a cheap place to go for your holidays, with good cigars.

You know that a pike is a type of fish, not part of a highway.

You drive on a highway, not a freeway.

You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.

You know that Casey and Finnegan were not part of a Celtic musical group.

You get excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada.

You brag to Americans that: Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Celine Dion and many more are Canadians.

You know that the C.E.O. of American Airlines is a Canadian!

You know what a touque is.

You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed" not "Zee".

You understand the Labatt Blue commercials.

You know how to pronounce and spell "Saskatchewan."

You perk up when you hear the theme song from "Hockey Night in Canada."

You were in grade 12, not the 12th grade.

"Eh?" is a very important part of your vocabulary and more polite than, "Huh?"

Winter. Whenever you want it. And then some.

There's German food, Italian food, Chinese food, Armenian food, American food, but NO Canadian food.

You call a "mouse" a "moose".

You like the Americans a little because they don't want Quebec either.

Contests run by anyone other than the government have "skill-testing questions" that winners must answer correctly before they can claim a prize.

Everything is labelled in English and French.

Milk comes in plastic bags as well as cartons and plastic jugs.

Mountain Dew has no caffeine.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Canada.

bigmanatc
21st Oct 2005, 20:03
Pity about your attitude to whaling........makes you a 6/10...:suspect:

Sailboat
22nd Oct 2005, 09:44
A Canadian is an unarmed American with health care.

604guy
23rd Oct 2005, 20:08
"Pity about your attitude to whaling"

HUH?

pigboat
24th Oct 2005, 01:43
Thar she blows!!!!!! (www.newfie.com/images/whale.jpg) :E

604guy
25th Oct 2005, 23:10
PB

That's just nasty! :}

pigboat
25th Oct 2005, 23:40
Ain't it though? :D :E
I think there's a t-shirt out there that says "save the whales, harpoon a fat chick." :D

Leffy Gold
30th Oct 2005, 23:02
I'd have to agree.

;)

738Capt
5th Nov 2005, 23:35
To be decent in a world of hate. To value and be kind to your fellow man, to offer health care to your poor, benefits and decent wages. Not to have the right to own a M-16 rifle for 'personal protection'.

Not have 12 year olds carring 50 cal handguns to school. Not to have 40% of your population living on the poverty line.

To be a Canandian is a great thing, you should stand up tall for being kind and good people who respect others in the world.

A great country, a great people.

Canada 'the decent and kind version of America' (I am here refering to how America treats its own poor).

P.S if you live in a democrate state in the U.S.A you may have some level of humanity toward your fellow countrymen. Any country that has 0.01% of its population own 90% of the wealth is not a healthy place.

Confabulous
24th Nov 2005, 13:14
Ok, so if I want to visit Canada (on holiday), where should I go? Anywhere with a mix between city and country I supoose...

Any suggestions?

Huron Topp
24th Nov 2005, 14:37
Confabulous,

anywhere in the Maritimes (Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick). You'll even find that many in NS and PEI speak with a semi-Irish accent.;)

Rollingthunder
27th Nov 2005, 22:15
Confabulous

Try British Columbia. Only takes a short while to get into wilderness or Vancouver Island B&B territory or anything in between. Still largely unspoiled is us.

reynoldsno1
27th Nov 2005, 23:20
Oh, not this question again ......:bored:

Confabulous
30th Nov 2005, 10:13
Vancouver it is then... now to find out when the snow comes and goes!

Huron Topp
30th Nov 2005, 16:51
Vancouver? Snow? Those two words very rarely go together. Rain on the other hand...

ecnalubma
30th Nov 2005, 17:33
Come to the Okanagan Valley. if you come in late february you can ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon or do a little wine touring if that is your fancy. Kelowna or Penticton are both nice areas, cheaper than Vancouver and you don't have the sea to sky highway to contend with to get to the hills. Penticton has about 60,000 people and Kelowna is just slightly over 100,000.

viking146
30th Nov 2005, 17:53
The Yukon a must see place . The only true north, come for a awesome experience and see us at the YukonQuest:

http://www.yukonquest.com

RobertS975
2nd Dec 2005, 20:27
Whitehorse is -6F at local noon... no thanks. Maybe in July.