PDA

View Full Version : Vatsim

LGW15
31st Aug 2005, 18:00
Can someone explain to me what VATSIM is in full.
Feel free to PM me if neccesary.

NeoDude
31st Aug 2005, 18:11
VATSIM is a virtual ATC environment which links together flight simulation enthusiasts and ATC simulation enthusiasts in a virtual world. VATSIM controllers man Virtual Centers & Towers to control virtual aircraft which are controlled mainly by people using Microsoft Flight Simulator.

For more info check their website Website (http://www.vatsim.net)

LGW15
31st Aug 2005, 18:21
I have just registered so how do I 'start'?

Kestrel_909
31st Aug 2005, 18:22
Best go onto the VATSIM forums and ask that rather than on here.

Thames virtual
31st Aug 2005, 22:10
On www.vatsim.net

If you want to try flying - look at the links on the left hand side called Pilot resources.

If you fancy being a virtual controller - have a look on the right hand side of the main VATSIM website, it lists all the regions. Once you go to that regions website they will have information about how to start the process. Most have good quality training material etc to get you started.

Maybe we'll see you online.

TV

LGW15
1st Sep 2005, 08:32
Thank you looks like I am starting to understand this.
Thanks again.

ATCO1987
9th Sep 2005, 22:33
Im a controller on VATSIM, You'll find me on Bristol Radar most of the time. If you want to control or fly in the UK then there is plenty of info available at www.vatsim-uk.org. But as others have highlighted, this isnt the place to ask questions about it :).

Dan.

ASD
10th Sep 2005, 17:41
And there are other options, as with VATSIM i believe you need to be online to play the part of an air traffic controller...

There are many other ATC simulators on the market which are highly realistic and gives you a good feel of being an ATC.
Some are expensive and some are free for download.

Visit

ATCForum.com (http://www.atcforum.com)

You will be able to find out about all the simulators out there. Many wannabe ATC's to help out with custom designed sectors etc.

Plus many other real ATC's from around the globe too!

StephenM_SMC
10th Sep 2005, 19:50
VATSIM has full voice and text capabilites, which is a great plus over the other types of simulators.

www.vateir.com for those interested in Irish ATC.

Ronaldsway Radar
11th Sep 2005, 01:19
Also, by joining VATSIM you become part of a very large community, in which you can meet many, many great people in and out of the aviation industry!

RR