PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for the next fly-in please..........

BRL
31st Aug 2005, 17:56
Hi all. The Popham fly-in was excellent and a good turn out too. We now need to arrange another one somewhere and a date for this too. Post here your suggestions for a location and a date.

Over to you...............

Whirlybird
31st Aug 2005, 19:23
Come to Tatenhill on a Saturday; I'm instructing there, so it'd be one fly-in I'd actually manage to get to. :ok:

FBS
1st Sep 2005, 09:07
Would this mean I had to fly and not just taxi?

BRL
1st Sep 2005, 09:50
How about Rochester (http://www.rochesterairport.flyer.co.uk/) at the end of the month?

Chippik
1st Sep 2005, 10:05
how about somewhere in Scotland?

BRL
1st Sep 2005, 10:12
Scotland. Fine, just suggest somewhere and a date and see what everyone else thinks. :)

Mariner9
1st Sep 2005, 11:03
How about Oban? Last weekend in Sept?

DubTrub
1st Sep 2005, 23:12
Considering a more central loaction, how about Sherburn-in-Elmet?
Nice friendly club-type field, good clubhouse, good food. Some grass, some hard runways.

No date in mind, but as a random starter, howabout October 8th or 9th?

CDH
2nd Sep 2005, 07:53
Dubtrub said
"Considering a more central loaction, how about Sherburn-in-Elmet?
Nice friendly club-type field, good clubhouse, good food. Some grass, some hard runways.

No date in mind, but as a random starter, howabout October 8th or 9th?"

Just checked those dates. I thought they clashed with the Tiger Trophy Aero comp weekend but they don't- thats the 16th -17th September.

Brooklands
2nd Sep 2005, 16:59
Scotland is too far for me I'm afraid. Sherburn may be OK if I can find somebody else to share the trip with. There was a PPrune fly-in there a couple of years ago, and it was very good, although quite a lot of people turned back as the weather down south wasn't too good first think in the morning.

Failing that somewhere in the Midlands like Nottingham, Tatenhill, or Leicester (which are the only ones I can think of without a map to hand).

As to the date I'd be happy with sometime in October

Brooklands

Monocock
4th Sep 2005, 08:29
Just tell me when and where and i'll be there:ok:

as long as it isn't somwhere with too many of those noisy Yakky things... :hmm:

Andy_R
4th Sep 2005, 23:15
My vote goes to Leicester, though dubtrub won't get much more than a circuit in!!!

Monocock
5th Sep 2005, 07:44
DubTrub's circuits are a sight to behold.......!

(All 42 seconds of them)

helicopter-redeye
5th Sep 2005, 08:40
Why don't you come to Sheffield (while you still have a long runway ...)

Nice and Central

EddieHeli
6th Sep 2005, 07:50
How about Sandtoft, they do a decent bacon butty and cup of tea.
Sturgate is also good, but I can't remember if they had food last time I called, or just self service tea.

Leicester is also good and fairly central.

Wellesbourne Mountford does a good all day breakfast and is probably the most central for everyone.

italianjon
6th Sep 2005, 13:47
Reading through this... my vote is on anywhere with a decent Bacon Sandwich and Cup of Tea...

Loved the Popham one!

cblinton@blueyonder.
6th Sep 2005, 18:44
Why not a truck stop lay-by?? Bacon Buttie and Tea:{

How about somewhere with none of the above:*

Not having a moan but surely this isnt all that GA Pilots want?

:yuk:

How about Jersey, what you save on fuel will buy a decent lunch:ok:

hollywood285
6th Sep 2005, 21:06
Somewhere in the middle I would say, somewhere that will show the men from the boys, Neatherthorpe!!!!

first week saturday in october??

DubTrub
6th Sep 2005, 21:31
Oh do spell it correctly, Holly, otherwise the locals will think you are confusing the Neandertal word.

But a suitable location...any takers?

italianjon
6th Sep 2005, 21:45
Why not a truck stop lay-by?? Bacon Buttie and Tea

A possible challenge for DubTrub after the 42 second ciruit...

Get in and out of a truck stop... with the entire attendance of the Fly-in crammed in the back... Would love to see if that one stayed in the utility category of flight.

EFC
8th Sep 2005, 12:50
All you fine fellows would be welcome at Enstone Oxfordshire,if you want somewhere central. We even have a local RADAR service courtesy of Brize Norton.
We can lay on a BBQ, beer and camping, lots of space, long runways, hard and grass.
Great Pub in Enstone village, good local beer and excellent food. Almost walking distance....if you are fit.

We would love to see you all, stay as long as you like. We may be able to arrange cheap landing fees if enough of you want to come.

Mariner9
20th Sep 2005, 15:16
No suggestions on this thread for a while. Anyone interested in a mini-flyin this weekend? Midlands area seems to be the most popular suggestion