PDA

View Full Version : Want a real good laugh?

maxalt
19th Oct 2001, 20:19
God knows we could all use a laugh now, and no better man to provide it than the boss himself..Mick O'Leary of Ryanair.

Last night he was interviewed on the RTE current affairs program 'Prime Time'. His counterpart was some sad old git from SIPTU (the Minister and Aer Lingus management were too timid to show their faces, as usual).

During the interview O'Leary looks, and acts, like Jim Carey on speed! :D
Just watch the facial expressions! and the jiggling feet! Pure comedic entertainment!
Laugh? I nearly paid my TV licence!! :D

PRIME TIME INTERVIEW (http://www.rte.ie/news/2001/1018/primetime/primetime56_1b.ram)

[ 19 October 2001: Message edited by: maxalt ]

Devils Advocate
19th Oct 2001, 23:50
Loved it, but loved even more what he had to say about Aer Lingus - sock it to them MOL !

Tom the Tenor
20th Oct 2001, 00:32
Watching it on the net make him look even more like a wind-up toy what with net congestion freezing things for a few moments before it gets going again! Have to reluctantly admit he makes some good comments except for the bull where he gives the impression that he has to apply to the Government to start new routes out of Dublin - getting rightly fed up of having to listen to that line.

Sensible
20th Oct 2001, 01:02
I thought he conducted himself very well. Mr O'leary you did yourself proud. I liked his style and he got his point over exceptionally well! As you say, made the other chap appear to be a sad old git!

Magnus Picus
20th Oct 2001, 20:10
He outlaws Unions. Is that fair?
He sacks those who try to encourage Union membership. Is that fair?
He sacks First Officers who are troubled with the competency of a Captain they fly with. Is that safe?
He has no sympathy for the redundant. Is that fair?
He tells the world they can fly for a quid, then when you log on to his website there's nothing there for under £150. Is that fair?
He has a salary scale that rewards those who stay with him for 10 years or more then sacks them when they reach that pay point. Is that fair?
He has half of Eastern Europes ex military pilots flying for him. Is that patriotic to the EU he keeps bleating to?
His training regime puts CRM a long way down the list of priorities. Is that safe?

He's just a freemarketeer who lacks the morals that allow success in this troubled global economy will live under. :mad:

Herod
20th Oct 2001, 20:21
But apart from that, I take it you quite like the guy.

Qhunter
22nd Oct 2001, 00:16
If you thought that was funny, try this...
www.ryanair.com/intropilot.html (http://www.ryanair.com/intropilot.html)

amazing :)

jotpilot
22nd Oct 2001, 00:24
Completely unbelievable.
Are they having a laugh or what?

PETERJ
22nd Oct 2001, 00:40
hat a giggle.......have sent a copy of this to several business friends as an example of what you are dealing with when negotiating with major Irish business figures .....it's called the Parish Priest Syndrome ......."Oi'm in charge and you'll all do what I want you to do .....or go to hell cos you're all so much less good than me.....and I've got the dog collar to prove it" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....lol !!!!!!!!!Heaalth and long life to you MOL.....hope all yopur current friends are around when the luck runs out

Sensible
22nd Oct 2001, 02:03
It's just the current state of the market place that allows Mr O Leary & co to treat flight deck crew in this way. I hope that your memories are longer than the current recession!

maxalt
22nd Oct 2001, 02:22
Not at all mr.sensible...he has no end of sycophants on these pages, who think the sunshines out of his ****. Suckers.