PDA

View Full Version : ATC Dumpsters

En-Rooter
30th Aug 2005, 09:51
Been blowin' a gale in Bleak City for about 2 days now (2000ft wind about 60 knots). Freezin' my ta ta's off, gettin' me down.

They coulda put this centre in Moruya, Batemans Bay, even Lakes Entrance would be better than this. Instead they located it at one of the most soulless airports I have visited.

C'mon Guys, Girls, cheer me up, where is your centre? Is it near a beach, lake? What's the year round temperature? What's the local talent look like?

catocontrol
30th Aug 2005, 12:05
Evenes TWR\APP (ENEV)

WX: RAIN

Winter: COLD, DARKNESS 24-7
RWY conditions: WET ICE (RRR1234:"Evenes confirm wet ice? ehh we would like to divert to..."

Summer:NOT SO COLD, SUNLIGHT 24-7
RWY condtions: WET ANIMALS

:E

M609
30th Aug 2005, 12:18
Let me put it like this: We can see the first snow on the tops not to far from the airfield! :sad:

Talent: Good, but a 1/100 - talent/caveman ratio!

flower
30th Aug 2005, 13:36
We have a fabulous view from our Tower. Sea to the south of us and a grand view of the North Somerset and Devon Coast.
The Welsh Mountains to the north of us, with Pen-y-Fan visible on good days ( yes we have plenty of them)

Large ships and small sailing yachts pass in front of us every day.
Then of course Cardiff itself is a superb city with everything you can wish for..
Weather never too bad at all, nope not complaining one iota.

Oops forgot the talent bit, well i am biased but Welsh men really do it for me :E

atcea.com
30th Aug 2005, 14:20
http://atcea.com/images/coast.jpg
The Tower and CERAP are on the airport. Sorry to only have a photo taken on a bad weather day.
---
ATC CHAT 24/7 (http://atcea.com)

Scott Voigt
30th Aug 2005, 14:57
ZFW, not a bad place to work and in the middle of the summer is around 35 to 42c... Winter sometimes gets down to 0c but normally in the 14c range... For the most part, weather nice...

regards

Scott

Jerricho
30th Aug 2005, 15:15
Winnipeg ACC.

The short summer we get is great.

As to winter......... every been in -39C BEFORE windchill? Ever had wet hair and walked outside to have it freeze in seconds? You get the idea.

Gonzo
30th Aug 2005, 15:22
That's what the Gods gave you for exclaiming once: "If I ever see real snow in Bournemouth I'll run naked along Boscombe Pier! " (or similar!)

Fletchers Left Boot
30th Aug 2005, 18:21
The last decent snow in Bournemouth was the last time we won the Ashes.. well it seems that way sometimes.
**goes out looking for snow chains ready for this winter **:}

Jerricho
30th Aug 2005, 18:38
Gonze - Now where would you get the idea I would say something like that? ;)

En-Rooter
31st Aug 2005, 11:56
catocontrol, thanks mate, it worked, you've cheered me up!

flower, atcea.com, how about a job swap? 22 degrees celcius average winter temp, 28 dgrees, give or take a few summer, (would I lie to you??)

English Brothers, it ain't over yet ;)