PDA

View Full Version : JAA FI ground school

johnnypick
28th Aug 2005, 10:00
Is there anywhere in London where I can do the ground school part of the FI course in the evenings during the week. I have an FAA CFI ticket so only have to do 30 hours.

Whopity
17th Sep 2005, 06:11
If you read JAR_FCL you will see that you are required to complete the JAA FI Course, that may be reduced to 15 hours flying and 30 hours groundschool at the descretion of the Authority! Whilst it is generally accepted that most holders of a foreign FI rating do not need the full course, it is not guaranteed.

You have to do the 15/30 with a FIC instructor approved for the purpose, there are no groundschools approved to do just 30 hours groundschool that you are seeking. In any event, it will be so closely linked to the flying that they cannot be split. It is effectively the FIC Instructor who recommends you take the test after 15/30 if you are up to speed.

FlyingForFun
17th Sep 2005, 17:56
Yes, I would imagine the groundschool would largely consist of briefing/de-briefing for the flights (you briefing/de-briefing your instructor for the flights where he will act as a student, and him briefing/de-briefing you on the course).

FFF
-------------