PDA

View Full Version : NEMA SID Question

Midland 331
27th Aug 2005, 11:32
Was the new BPK SID in use at NEMA last night? If so, it seems to take departures straight through the middle of the UPDUK/PIGOT pattern.

As for the new arrival routings noise issue, the previously-mentioned "concerned in-laws" did not even notice eight inbounds in succession as we all sat in the garden. So much for all the ballyhoo about increased noise...

almost professional
28th Aug 2005, 18:40
unlikely-don't think we have been on 09
TC will give dep's direct routing when high enough, so may have been what you saw
interesting what you say about the in-laws-may give the lie to some of the things being said around east leicestershire (interestingly enough Leicester county council has a poll on their website about the changes any positive feedback would be welcome!)

Midland 331
29th Aug 2005, 09:28
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I'm no longer in the industry, so I am firmly on the other side of the perimeter fence, and didn't realise that the departure was for 09 only.

I can't find anything on the web about it, although the protesters seem to "know" about it. It would be good if your marketing folks could fill the "information vacuum" on this one.

A humble suggestion - It's maybe better to not give direct routings across the potential holding pattern, as the locals are pretty sensitive about this area, and will suspect that the hold is active.

The actual noise levels, inbound and outbound, are, in my opinion, no worse that the days of 1-11s and early-series widebodies slugging up the old Amber One ten years ago, which passed directly over large chunks of East Leicestershire.

Must go now - need to re-zip my anorak...

"331"