PDA

View Full Version : Aspiring ATC needs help!

Martin Westcott
27th Aug 2005, 07:02
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and ATC, but am interested in persuing ATC as a career. I'm currently a pom living in Australia, and don't have perm. residency until next year, so I' looking for things I can do to improve my chances of passing all the tests and making the right impressions on the right people!! (Currently studying for PPL and loving flying - apart from the cost!!)

Are there any resources on the net and or books that cover the types of tests etc that you have to do as candidate that are worth looking at??

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.:ok:

niknak
27th Aug 2005, 13:44
OZ ATC (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/employment)

Getting involved by doing the PPL is a good start, otherwise, look at the advice on the stickys on these forums and keep an eye on this sight.

I'm pretty sure you have to have permanant residency to be considered, so you've got a year to remeber not to mention The Ashes at the interview.

Good luck.:ok:

tobzalp
27th Aug 2005, 14:22
www.civilair.asn.au is the Oz ATC Association web site. Some information there for you.

Martin Westcott
30th Aug 2005, 05:38
Thanks guys, all very helpful stuff. Have just spent several hours checking out one of the threads on CivilAir!!