PDA

View Full Version : ATC display fonts and colours

sejo
26th Aug 2005, 13:33
I have an ATC simulator that I would like to configure so as to be as realistic as possible? Hope some of you guys might be able to help me out.

Is there any info available that describes the display settings (fonts, colours, line styles, icons etc) used at Swanwick and/or West Drayton?

I have a provisional list of different "outlines" as follows

1 General
2 Airport
3 Coastline
4 Border

5 Final Approach Tracks
6 Airway Lower CL
7 Airway Upper CL
8 ATZ
9 CTA TMA
10 CTR
11 Danger/Restricted Areas
12 FIR
13 RVA
14 Holding Patterns
15 IAP
16 SID
17 STAR
18 MATZ

Does this look about right? What colours are used for these? Are there any other sorts of "outlines" I should consider, and what colours would they use.

I have done a quick search on the web, and have found some articles suggesting the font is "Verdana".

Anyway, many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Regards,
Sean

CUNIM
29th Aug 2005, 17:16
Sejo have a look at your PM folder.

Cheers ;)

Dominic Nortney
30th Aug 2005, 11:51
This is interesting for me aswell. I have London Control. I do the TMA and Heathrow finals alot. I want to get it as realistic as possible. I find the NODE display that comes with LC is very ugly but I gather thats the one TMA use?

Cheers Dom

This is my current display. I like the datatags to look nice and neat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/Grapes5/fsscr168.jpg

ukatco_535
30th Aug 2005, 14:55
Dominic,

Could you please tell me the name and where to get a copy of the sim you have?

the screen shot you have provided looks pretty realistic... it is a grim green (mostly) screen at TC...

further to that, all the maps etc on the TC (west drayton) radar screens are green, the targets and callsign blocks are green, the trail dots are orange(ish). The targets only change colour to white or red as part of the conflict alert.

To differentiate, or to fade out maps etc, there is a brilliance command for certain aspects of the radar display... or you can deselect what you do not want to see... i.e. coastline or no coastline etc

I also see you have heading readouts on the third line of the callsign block.... that is not available at west drayton, and when it is, it will not be all aircraft... only those fitted with enhanced Mode S

M609
30th Aug 2005, 15:51
Since this is allready used in something that is public....this is from our VCR scope, TAR scope have higher resolution, but same software.

http://home.online.no/~anderfo/Div/RaADS.jpg

Dominic Nortney
31st Aug 2005, 16:50
UKATCO no problem. Check out www.londoncontrol.com If u dont get anough of your day job just come home and play this lol. I love it.