PDA

View Full Version : F27 Sligo "The wet one"

BANGHER
25th Aug 2005, 19:30
The official report on this shambles has now been released by the Irish Aviation Authority... read at leasure..

www.aaiu.ie (http://www.aaiu.ie/AAIUviewitem.asp?id=6897&lang=ENG&loc=1652)

GrahamCurry
25th Aug 2005, 20:44
Shame about the high tide . . .

apaddyinuk
26th Aug 2005, 00:27
Hehehe, I used to have a picture of this but cant seem to find it...sorry!
I beleive one of the Westlife chaps was onboard and singing "flying without wings" at the time of the accident!!!

dontdoit
26th Aug 2005, 07:39
Anyone know what the 2 intrepid aviators up the front are doing now?

bagpuss lives
26th Aug 2005, 09:40
Swimming coaches?

vfenext
26th Aug 2005, 10:10
beleive one of the Westlife chaps was onboard and singing "flying without wings" In fact it was Aslan who were on that flight.

fokkerplod
26th Aug 2005, 10:38
believe one is now flying with airwales - the other went to vlm but got the chop for flying hot and high into london city

Kestrel_909
26th Aug 2005, 10:43
In fact it was Aslan who were on that flight.

In which case they were singing "How can I protect you in this crazy Fokker.":ok:

BANGHER
26th Aug 2005, 16:21
Reading the report they got this badly wrong... Their plan was to miss the runway alltogether and spear the sandbank like a huge dart, it looks like they missed the sandbank and hit the runway by mistake!

At least the PF had another attempt, this time to spear the sugar factory at London City, missed that too!

Humour aside, the cabin crew did a splendid job by all accounts.

I believe both Pilots are now retired.

Konkordski
26th Aug 2005, 18:57
A sound resembling wheel skidding could be heard at 17 seconds. The aircraft is heard apparently leaving the paved surface after 24 seconds and 2 seconds later coming to rest.

As the aircraft comes to a rest [having left the runway, gone over an embankment and ended up nose-down in the sea] the CCM is heard making a PA to the passengers requesting, "Please remain seated, seat belts fastened until the Captain switches off the seatbelt sign"

"...we hope you had a pleasant flight and thank you for flying Euroceltic." :)

jethro15
26th Aug 2005, 20:21
http://www.jethros.i12.com/FACT/pages/euroceltic.htm