PDA

View Full Version : NetJets and B1900

Dont worry
25th Aug 2005, 15:29
Hi Guys !
Anybody any Info on the recent advertisement on www.Flightinternational.com of NetJets lokking for B1900 drivers for UK Base ?
Thanks

Son of a Beech
25th Aug 2005, 21:10
This is for maintenance crews to be flown to AC all over europe.

Sounds like a good way to start in netjets if you don't fullfill the 'jet' minimum requirements, however how an FO is supposed to get a 'full' ATPL with 750 hrs is beyond me

northernbloke
26th Aug 2005, 12:02
plus, the 1900, according to the JAA type class rating site, is a single pilot airplane........so no ATPL issued there then.

S**t rolls down hill........

Son of a Beech
26th Aug 2005, 14:08
S**t rolls down hill........

And the problem is, we are down the hill:D

Bumz_Rush
26th Aug 2005, 18:42
why not allocate a C2, and use it as a stepping stone....Bumz

Daifly
27th Aug 2005, 09:00
Because, I imagine, when you buy 20 Hawker 400XP's they throw anything at you to take a couple of Beech 1900's off Raytheon's hands!

Have you never been to Chester?!

:p

Mr Magoo
30th Aug 2005, 18:42
anyone had anything back yet apart from the letter saying they've got the application?

Also anyone know what the T&Cs are for F/O and what SE England base they're operating out of?

Cheers

Formally Known As
30th Aug 2005, 19:47
"anyone had anything back yet apart from the letter saying they've got the application?"

You mean to say that NJ are actually acknowledging applications???
Well I'll be damned. They have actually learned something about common courtesy after all this time. Good show!!!

Smeagel
30th Aug 2005, 22:25
They have actually learned something about common courtesy after all this time. Good show!!!

In your dreams.

To anyone thinking of applying take your treatment at this stage as a taste of things to come.

PorcoRosso
30th Aug 2005, 23:31
Sorry to disagree, but Netjets always replied to my application letters . Either to say "no" or to acknowledge reception of my CV .
I applied to the B1900 position last week, and I received the acknowledgment letter 48 hrs later .

Son of a Beech
31st Aug 2005, 08:31
Was this by e-mail or by oldfassioned poststamp mail.

I haven't been home and i've just been checking my E-mail, that's why I'm asking

FLEXJET
31st Aug 2005, 08:54
NetJets reply with a mailed letter.
Mine was received like for Porco, 2/3 days after my e-mailed application.

Son of a Beech
31st Aug 2005, 09:43
Was this a conformation or an invitation letter?

trainer too 2
1st Sep 2005, 09:03
Anybody interested in NJ please be so kind to look past SMEAGEL. He has only has outdated info and bad feelings....

Smeagel get a life and get your facts straight!!! :rolleyes:

PorcoRosso
1st Sep 2005, 09:52
Received by snail mail ;)

Flexjet : marre des galettes bretonnes ?

Smeagel
1st Sep 2005, 10:19
Ah Trainer too 2 2 2 2 2 , my stalker.

How is life behind the rose tinted spectacles? I'm sure those looking to join NJE will be adult enough to read all the relevant threads and draw their own conclusions.

As for my info being outdated...........I take it you read my comment on the resignation tally this month in the other thread? Funny how you and your sidekick Inca chose not to comment then.

Keep up the good work, you'll get that pat on the head you seem to hanker after.

(Note to Admin and all those sick of seeing this subject done to death. Can we just take it for granted that whatever I write will immediately be refuted by Trainer and Inca? I think we can also safely assume that they will assert that everything in the garden is lovely, people are not leaving NJE, contract terms and conditions are not changed on a whim, the moon is made of cheese and there really, no really, is a tooth fairy. Thanks.)

inca
1st Sep 2005, 21:05
Hey Smeghead ( excuse spelling )...

do you remeber how to fill out a UB40...??

I know who you are....

:E

trainer too 2
2nd Sep 2005, 08:23
Smeagel

You never heard me on certain aspects of the T&C's as they can always be improved at any company. Just look on the site here: Jet2, FlyBe, Ryr,Easy there are threads on al the T&C's of all companies including NJ.

You always hear me and will hear me when you give non founded hersay info that is an insult to all the people at NetJets. There is a major difference between stating things that should be improved versus burning down a company with your frusterated responses.

:mad:

Smeagel
2nd Sep 2005, 09:52
Hey Smeghead ( excuse spelling )...

do you remeber how to fill out a UB40.??

I know who you are....

So there we have it. Unable to bring him/herself to agree that eight pilots have indeed quit NJE over the last month inca once again reverts to insults and, a new low this, threats!

For those not familiar with the UB40 it is a form to be filled out by the unemployed in order to recieve benefit payments. Unless I am very much mistaken inca is threatening to reveal my identity to NJE and have me fired.

Trainer "Non founded". Well you would say that, wouldn't you? Are the eight resignations this month unfounded? Yes or no?

theWings
2nd Sep 2005, 10:43
Hey, anyone fancy getting back on topic?

How many a/c?
Where based? Northolt?
How many CPT/FOs required?
When/where/what is selection process?
Payscales?
Normal netjets rostering?
And wondering why this type and why now?!

the Wings

south coast
2nd Sep 2005, 15:30
the 1900 is to made into a flying workshop, so that when a plane goes down somewhere with a techincal problem, they can fly out technicians and parts immediately to try and reduce down time.

thats the way i understood it from my indoc course with netjets.

i think they are a good company, seem to well organised and professional.

nothing is perfect, so we have to decide what we are prepared to put up with, and every one has their own ideas on what they will and wont put up with.

Mark Lewis
2nd Sep 2005, 15:43
Northolt will be tricky I imagine, as it has serious slot restrictions which wont suit the kind of mission that is planned for this aircraft ie ASAP.

Farnborough is a bet better, quite easy to get in and out of, but fairly restrictive opening hours. Same goes for Biggin.

Luton is H24 which makes it an obvious choice. Probably means I've got it all wrong though...

PorcoRosso
4th Sep 2005, 01:14
I don't know if working at NJE is that bad, but it seems there are real Sick Puppies working there .... Interesting CRM is demonstrated on this thread . Using a, more or less, public forum to threat a colleague , is just disgusting .

netjets
4th Sep 2005, 08:12
Inca

You should apologise and withdraw your childish threats against Smeagel. You say it's a joke but you repeated this 'joke' on another thread.

I Might Just have guessed who you may be too!!!

Smeagel
5th Sep 2005, 06:15
I go off to the beach for a few days and look what happens. My Jolly friend inca has upset half the members of this forum!

inca , I fear you Might Just have gone too far this time. Perhaps you should consider netjets suggestion of an apology?

Frankly though I don't think you've got it in you. I'm sure at some stage in your career you'll have heard the phrase 'Lack Of Moral Fibre'.

Your petulant little fit has done some good. It has confirmed that inca is who we thought he is.

Secondly though it has warned some people off accepting job offers with NJE. To those who have PM'd me saying so may I point out that inca is in the minority and were you to join up the other guys and girls are great to work with and would do their best to make you welcome.

trainer too 2
5th Sep 2005, 07:39
It is sad that we have sad people like INCA and Smeagel on board. Other than for them it is a great place!

theWings
5th Sep 2005, 11:13
the 1900 is to made into a flying workshop, so that when a plane goes down somewhere with a techincal problem, they can fly out technicians and parts immediately to try and reduce down time.

An impressive solution to a corporate sector problem! A sure sign of an intelligent oranisation and a growing business. I'm sure it's not perfect but I really don't think anyone on this site is going to put me off getting on board at NJE.:)

Anyone any idea when this will come online? ie. when are interviews happening?

Smeagel
5th Sep 2005, 14:42
:D Of course Trainer, you're hardly biased at all are you?

Smeagel's Mum
5th Sep 2005, 20:15
Smeagel my dear boy. You must look after that precious ring of yours. Keep it covered ok? :D

When are you coming home to cut the grass? I remember you're good at cutting the grass. Or is it cutting the cheeze?

Getting forgetful in my dotage. Perhaps I should write contracts. :ok:

Smeagel's Mum
6th Sep 2005, 10:03
Inca, you really must stop baiting my dear Smeagel.

He tells me you're a master baiter? He then sniggered. I thought he meant that you're a good debater. Perhaps not?

trainer too 2
6th Sep 2005, 10:18
Dear Smeagel

After having worked for 20 years in all short of aviation companies I have seen guys like you everywhere. No big mouth when the boss is there, shouting about all kind of things when he leaves :rolleyes:

I know the following things:
-there is no perfect company
-there is no perfect boss
-there is no perfect pay package
-there is no perfect aircraft
-there is no perfect employee

-there is always a perfect compromise and it is down to every individual to see what they prefer. Some l;ike big jets some don't. Some like scheduled flights some don't. etc. etc.

If you don't like it: leave it and let the people who do like it enjoy themselves. So biased? No, I am just not a negative b*stard who takes his personal problem out on any organisation. :ooh:

So take your money and run or shut up.

:hmm:

Can we go to the thread: I think it is a great idea to have a new version of flying spanners! :ok:

PPRuNe Towers
6th Sep 2005, 12:15
Interesting points Trainer,

In the light of them perhaps you could explain to us why anyone should take a blind bit of notice of what you write? Are your ideas just for the little people and don't apply to you?

May 11th 2004:

Isn't that exactly the point some people are making on this thread... They want to prevent people from moving to BE, then don't like it and get out??? In the mean time they feel that they have been conned into something that looked nice on the outside but smelled on the inside????? The exact purpose of this Buletin Board!!

If you have no clue management B*tch (nice title ) the purpose of this board is mainly to inform one another to stay away from certain places and looking at these posts, specially yours truly my humble personal advice would be: STAY AWAY FROM BONAIR EXEL

and again on the 14th of the same month:

A) this is the beauty of a rumour network
B) it is my humble opinion
C) it alligns with some feedback I got when I looked into employment in the region ( the old sun and fun thing ) and spoke to two ex XT Emb drivers two weeks ago and one current ATR driver (still?) at the place.
D) if The Bitch is who they warned me for (and I think it is) I am happy with my statement

So the good old statement if there is smoke there is fire is true in this case. Because I put it in bold it looks a bit harsh but due to the Bitch her post I was very pi**ed off.

I've another 18 examples if you'd like to enter an intensive discussion of what the forum is for when you like a company, when you are beginning to go off a company and when you've left them. Obviously your view of that company at any given time will be adopted by us as policy and any other viewpoint will be deleted by us at the Towers.

We understand that your 20 years in the industry makes you all seeing, all knowing and the final arbiter of how each and every one of us should conduct themselves.

Some might say you are just a screaming hypocrite desperately ingratiating themself with Lisbon? I, however, couldn't possibly comment. It is interesting to note through pulling up your posts in the last couple of years to see the legendary employers you discuss. Could it be you are conditioned by a very, very low baseline of employee respect Trainer?

Additionally, it is extremely unfortunate that, for the moment, those who speak up wholeheartedly for NJE either haven't flown a jet before, worked anywhere else or see threats as a normal course of debate. Hardly conducive to attracting the calibre of candidate the company claim to be seeking is it?

Regards
Rob

PS My long running comments regarding working for this company remain on record and are now amply proven by actual events particularly in the area of employment protection and contract law.

susi
6th Sep 2005, 20:36
Good one! Nice and sharp!

Smeagel
7th Sep 2005, 23:32
Dear Smeagel
Yes dear?
After having worked for 20 years in all short of aviation companies I have seen guys like you everywhere. No big mouth when the boss is there, shouting about all kind of things when he leaves Well there you go again making incorrect assumptions. When the boss to whom you refer was around one thing I did on many occasions was talk to him about what peeved me, what was done well and what could perhaps be done better. Every member of staff could do so too. Have you tried that lately?

Clearly Towers was right when he said your acceptance of poor treatment at the hands of previous employers has made you more malleable. Please stop expecting the rest of us to accept your own (low) expectations.

Fanfare of trumpets, sound of horse galloping…… & enter from stage right>>>>>>>> Ah, the comedy act has arrived.http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/icons/jester.gif

PPRuNe Towers, in shining armour, on mighty steed, sword raised to defend us minions from the deep & dark sinister happenings within NJE...... Oh dear, he\'s been reading his dungeon and dragon comics again.

I have to say again Must you?

that you enter the fray in a very biased way Says the master of impartiality.

IMHO "Humble" opinion?! IMPOSTER!! This is not the real Mike Jenvey posting here!!

probably much more protection than taking up a 12 month contract offer on my old type to be based in Shanghai (Turkish company – A300B4!) This is relevant.............how?

Do you have access to NJ current manuals & policy (including FTLs) – no. NJE Scheduling Dept could lend him theirs. Brand new, hardly used:E

conveniently ignored? Easy Mikey baby. Pots and kettles territory here.

Legal, yes, safe, probably not!Bit like day one at NJE sometimes? Couple of airline flights to get to your aircraft then 14 more hours on duty. Clang!!! Ooops, you appear to have tripped over some of those pots and kettles we were just talking about.

I’ve flown lots of jetsStop it you big manly pilot you, you're making me moist.

I have to give a little support for inca Hands up all those who are genuinly surprised by this..........................mmmmmmmmmmmm, nope. A noticeable lack of handage there.

Finally, please may I hint that it’s nearly a year since you indicated the possibility of a “corporate/vip forum” Hey, it\'s their BB. If you\'re that keen why not start your own?:8 I can honestly say I would be one of the first to register if you did.

Freebird17
11th Sep 2005, 18:05
Back on topic - have interviews been held yet?

southender
12th Sep 2005, 12:35
Could the B1900 be based at Southend?

24 hour ops and there seems to be an increasing Netjets presence at SEN these days.

Cheers

Southender

Flintstone
12th Sep 2005, 12:47
Could the B1900 be based at Southend?

No. Pilots uniforms only have three and four gold hoops, not nearly enough for Essex :p

I can see it now. Uniform by Elizabeth Duke at Argos. The landing gear would have to be swopped for some blingin' rims, back seats stripped out and replaced wiv some wikkid ICE and some blue neon windscreen washers fitted. Noice.

redsnail
12th Sep 2005, 13:17
You forgot the tasteful Burberry tie with a similar pattern for the tail. :yuk:

How about this (http://www.burberry.com/UK/Catalogue/Catalogue.shtml) for a nav bag?

Mr Magoo
13th Sep 2005, 21:32
Now then, is there ANY chance of you girls putting the (Burberry) handbags down, stopping the cat fight and getting back on topic? (Like anyone had an interview date or a PFO yet and what's the base and Ts&Cs gonna be?)

:8

starship07
13th Sep 2005, 22:26
I haven`t got a reply yet, after I applied 3 weeks ago. Neither by eMail nor by the old fashioned way. Should I just wait another few days or write them an eMail to get some news?

By the way. I didn`t know, that we can get a full European ATPL after 750hs TT. Quite funny...

Good Point Magoo. Let me try this: ehem: "BAAACK OOON TOOOOPIC"! thx!!

Mr Magoo
24th Sep 2005, 19:57
Pulling this thread to the top again, has ANYONE heard ANYTHING back yet, (apart from the standard confirmation of CV receipt letter over a month and a half ago.)

:8

Formally Known As
25th Sep 2005, 18:03
Mr Magoo

In view of recent events, consider yourself fortunate to have received any reply from them.