View Full Version : Fixed-wing IR conversion to Rotary IR

Governormalfunction
24th Aug 2005, 18:20
Hi everyone,

Could someone give me a heads up on this subject please.

If you had an ATPL(A) and a UK ATPL(H) ((no IR)) would it be possible to "convert" a fixed wing IR into a rotary IR?
Or is it just a rumour?

VMT Gov.

Governormalfunction
24th Aug 2005, 18:40
Kiss,
Thanks for the reply, I've looked at Lasors but can't see the wood for the trees.
I have a fixed wing IR and would like to get a rotary IR, but I don't have several 'K' spare under the mattress.....sadly!!

Gov.

wobble2plank
24th Aug 2005, 20:36
Gov'ner

Sorry to pop the bubble but our friends at Cash Again & Again have no read across from A to H and vice versa.

I also held an ATPL(H) prior to obtaining a fATPL(A) and the only help the CAA could offer was to allow me a 15 hour IR which included 5 hour sim and 10 Hour flying. That was with an ATPL(H) IR!

I feel that they will probably go the same route going the other way.

Good news is though, assymetric, single engine overshoot never seemed to be too much of a problem in a helo, wonder why????

Don't think the JAA issues an ATPL(H) without the IR do they? Could be wrong but mine came through as a CPL(H) until I had the IR pegged!

Governormalfunction
25th Aug 2005, 00:23
Thanks Wobble,
Where would you/did you complete your rotary IR?

wobble2plank
25th Aug 2005, 08:25
Did it as part of my job, Captain on S61's!!!

As to where you would go to get it, I would have to say I have no real idea.

Have a look at Sloane or Fast Helicopters at Thruxton. Price comes down to what heli, but I'm sure your aware of that.

Good Luck

p.s. Nothing worse in the world than flying IR in a single engined helicopter thinking about how your gonna autorotate!