PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft hire in East Yorkshire

ChewyTheWookie
23rd Aug 2005, 15:31
I am planning a trip to Hull in a month's time to visit some friends as I used to live there. When I'm there I'd like to hire an aircraft to do a bit of sightseeing but I'm having trouble finding any clubs in the area. Anyone any idea where I can hire a C172/Warrior/similar in the East Yorkshire area without spending a fortune joining a club?

Brooklands
23rd Aug 2005, 15:50
Chewy,

Have you tried the Hull Aero Club (http://www.hullaeroclub.co.uk/) ? I'm afraid I don't know much about them, other than they are based near Leven east of Beverley. They're probably the nearest club to Hull.

Like you I'm living in exile 'down south'

Brooklands

Capt BK
24th Aug 2005, 07:58
Chewy,

As already mentioned the nearest flying club is Hull Aero Club but in the local area there is also Mount Airey but i'm not sure if there are any aircraft available for hire there.

Within an hours drive there is Humberside airport (3 clubs), Sandtoft, Breighton, Full Sutton, and possible Sherburn. Not sure if anywhere will be willing to hire without membership costs due to insurance requirements but you can always give them a call.

CBK

justinmg
24th Aug 2005, 16:24
I live near Hull and fly out of Mount Airey. There are no aircraft specifically for hire, although there is a group which might accept a temp membership.
As other have said Beverley might be your best bet.