View Full Version : Hong Kong pushback

DoMePlease
21st Aug 2005, 03:18
Why is the pushback term used at Hong Kong "Pushback Blue" and not "Pushback Green"?

ww1
21st Aug 2005, 05:26
The colors (red/blue) refer to where Ramp Control wants you to face after the push, depending on the runway in use/ramp traffic. "Pushback red" doesn't mean "stop pushback". Don't know, though, why those particular colors are used, sometimes some of the controllers have a bit of a problem with "blue" :p

DoMePlease
21st Aug 2005, 06:08
Thanks for replying but I think I wasn't clear with my question. I know why they use Red/Blue to approximate the navigation lights on the wing tips but why is it Red/Blue and not Red/Green when the navigation lights are clearly green?

knackeredII
21st Aug 2005, 10:19
They actually do use all three, Red, Blue and Green, depending on circumstances. Ask your tug driver.

scanscanscan
21st Aug 2005, 10:35
Do they ever use "White"? or to they have wobble wiv tha?

22N114E
21st Aug 2005, 11:36
If using a bay with an airbridge, pusback "Red" will see the nose move to the Right, pushback "bLue", it will move Left. Emphasis is correctly placed on the R and R, L and L.

Pushback green used to also include the term "Pushback and tow forward Green." They use this to limit damage to the terminal and other a/c in the corner gates.

The African Dude
21st Aug 2005, 11:51
If using a bay with an airbridge, pusback "Red" will see the nose move to the Right, pushback "bLue", it will move Left. Why don't they just use Pushback Left and Right :confused:

banana head
21st Aug 2005, 16:50
Simple - they have a blue/ red painted line that they want you to push back onto. A green line would look the same as the yellow taxi line.
Same system as CDG and many other airports...

PAXboy
21st Aug 2005, 16:58
Do they ever use "White"? or to they have wobble wiv tha? They might do as ... White is the Chinese colour of Hope and mourning. In the west we have Black as the colour of mourning but Oriental tradition has White.

Diversion into spurious and unrequested info:
Pale Brown, the colour of withered leaves, is the Persian (Iranian) mourning colour.

Greyish Brown is affected by the inhabitants of Ethiopia, the colour of the earth, to which the dead return.

Sky Blue is used in Syria and Armenia as the colour of mourning, indicative of the assurance that the deceased has gone to heaven.

Purple was formerly the mourning colour of all Christian princes. All the kings of France mourned in purple. So, also, on the death of the Pope or of one of their number. This mourning colour of Christian princes in general, and of the princes of the Roman Catholic Church in particular, has been derived from the purple garment which the Roman soldiers put about the figure of Jesus and mockingly saluted him as ‘King of the Jews’.