View Full Version : Jumpseating in the UK? (EasyJet more specifically)

Neal Schwartz
18th Aug 2005, 23:30
Hey everyone...

I'm in London right now and am trying to get to Paris. Is it possible to "jumpseat" to Paris? More specifically, I am trying to get on an EasyJet flight to CDG. I'm a Captain for Continental Express in the US and have all of my certificates, airline ID, etc with me. Thanks! Please email me at [email protected] or post here. Great appreciated!

-Neal

Lord Fulmer
19th Aug 2005, 00:30
Alas not.
NO jumpseat rides, not even staff, unless required, i.e check flights etc.

Jetavia
19th Aug 2005, 00:40
Neal, maybe it would be easier with an airline in the skyteam alliance.

Just a thought..

juventus
19th Aug 2005, 01:53
Hey Neal, I work for xjt as well and I go to europe every other month , best way is to get a zed ticket for 25-30 $ at any continental check in, in your case in LGW, in europe jumpseating is not common and most crew won t give you a ride, insurance reasons I guess.
Good luck.

ETOPS
19th Aug 2005, 07:46
insurance reasons I guess.

Nope - it's the law.

easyprison
19th Aug 2005, 07:48
No Jumpseat policy with easyJet.

However just save your self the agro and buy a seat! London to CDG should only cost you around £23-30 each way.

www.easyJet.com

:O

Neal Schwartz
19th Aug 2005, 10:38
Thanks guys. Never been to Europe so I'm definitely naive to this stuff. Will buy a ticket for around 95 pounds. I guess prices are higher in August on the weekend.

-Neal

fireflybob
19th Aug 2005, 20:51
Why not go on Eurostar from Waterloo - probably cheaper and just as quick!

CaptainProp
20th Aug 2005, 08:41
easyprison - "No Jumpseat policy with easyJet."
:confused: :confused:

OPS MANUAL A, chapter 8 "Admission to flight deck"

"Use of the flight deck jump seat is restricted to the following authorised personnel only.

Operating crew members.

Extra crew........Extra crew are shown on the Crew List as normal operating crew.

Easyjet quality auditors / CAA Flight Operations Inspectors

Company personnel engaged on company business, providing all seats in the cabin are occupied.

Positioning crew members.

Government or CAA officials.....who have statutory powers to enter and remain on flight deck."

It then goes on to state that under special circumstances some ATC people may be carried for training purposes, Non company engeneering staff "positioning on a system of mutual help", "other airline personnel for the purpose of airfield familiarisation", "aircraft manufacturers", "company doctor"......

"Following persons are not permitted to occupy the fligth deck jump seat under any cirumstances:

Company staff using staff travel.

Relatives of company staff.

Non staff entitled to staff travel"

Neal Schwartz - THIS is why you cannot "jumpseat" in Europe (at least with our company).......

/CP