PDA

View Full Version : Another Terrorist Training Cell?

DownIn3Green
18th Oct 2001, 23:01
This is not a hypothetical question as all of these facts are true.

There is an airline operating in a third world country which has just gained IATA status, and established a code-share with a different third world country's recognized International Airline. This International airline operates B-747 aircraft on regular schedules into London and Paris, among other places, and also has a fleet of B-767's that fly to other major international destinations.

The first airline flys pax from various third world countries into the hub for the International airline, which then flys them onward.

The spooky thing is the majority of the first third world airline's pilots are Iraqui, and they arrive at this airline needing "training" on Boeing jets. Although these "pilots" profess to having in excess of 2000 hours in type, they are unable to fly proper profiles or handle the airplane smoothly.

Now imagine one of these Iraqui guys flys the leg to the International hub, and then "catches a ride" onward to London or Paris for reasons other than just "catching a ride"? IATA, Code-Share, late night transfer at a third world international hub.

What would you do if you had first hand knowledge of the above facts? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lou Scannon
18th Oct 2001, 23:12
Unlike the USA Secret Service, the British Intelligence Services do not list themselves in the 'phone book.

However,if you are serious, a 'phone call to the nearest police station asking to be put in touch with a Special Branch Officer will probably connect you to the right people.

The Guvnor
18th Oct 2001, 23:28
If you mean Air Gulf Falcon, then they are pretty much grounded thanks to sanctions imposed after their gift of an ex Mandarin Airlines SP to Saddam Hussein.

They've also tried to register their aircraft in about half of Africa - Sudan, Equatorial Guinea, Swaziland and Kenya at the last count - but considering that their crews and much of their ground personnel are in fact fully qualified (albeit out of currency - they haven't flown for the past 10 years which I think excuses their poor profiles!) Iraqui Airways pilots I don't think that there's too much in the way of anything sinister going on there.

However, you can be sure that various people in US embassies around the Middle East and Africa do keep fairly close tabs on them.

Incidentally, I also hear that they are shortly to be thrown out of SHJ...

And if you mean the Comores Wings SP, then that belongs to Luke Butler, aka The Wizard of Oz.

[ 18 October 2001: Message edited by: The Guvnor ]

DownIn3Green
19th Oct 2001, 04:27
Guv,

See my e-mail to you...

PETERJ
19th Oct 2001, 14:52
Yeah well that sanctions for you ...UN style.
Does the UN talk to IATA or vice versa ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

anthonyvickery
19th Oct 2001, 15:09
Downin3green
So why hav'nt you talked to the FBI?

BelowTheLine
20th Oct 2001, 03:35
Desk Jet, you r rite!

If it was me I would really call them, but maybe this guy did all ready. I look to his post and see him asking only for opinion, not saying action.

But I agree with you.