PDA

View Full Version : Regional 1 to close up

le soixante neuf
16th Aug 2005, 00:22
I just saw on the news that an outfit out of Red Deer Alta, called Regional 1 is going to shut down, citing the high cost of fuel and doing business in general. They appear to fly DHC-8s.

Having "been there done that" I wish everyone there all the best in their respective searches for new employment.

Obbie
16th Aug 2005, 01:18
All those guys have jobs waiting for them in Japan, if they are willing to go.......

PaperTiger
16th Aug 2005, 14:53
Yep, from their website:In Canada, Regional 1 operates both Charter and Scheduled flight, with scheduled flights into Red Deer, Lethbridge, Kelowna, Kamloops, Vancouver and Victoria. The Board of Directors of Regional 1 have decided to terminate it's scheduled flights as of September 11, 2005, and concentrate on charter and leasing operations.I never saw their business plan (if they had one), but couldn't see how the low-traffic routes they chose ever had a hope of being profitable. Maybe with a KingAir or such, but 3 x DHC8 ??

Slapshot
16th Aug 2005, 19:17
They called themselves "TransCanada" on the radio. Always wondered how they got that one by Air Canada...