View Full Version : Instructor scholarships

nick14
15th Aug 2005, 20:22
Hello all,
I love teaching people practically to acuire a new and difficult skill. Also i absolutly adore flying!! Like most here. I am therefore embarking on the long and expensive road to becoming a flight instructor.

Bit of background to work from- 17 years old, 24 hours so far, 10 GCSE's and 3 A levels on the go, plan is to do ATPL ground straight after A levels then hour build abroard with a mate in a twin then return do CPL and FI(R) possibly IMC depending on money.

A few questions if you don't mind:

Are there any sponsorships for people such as myself to become instructors?
What are the minimums?
When should i do my hours building for CPL pre or post ATPL ground?
any suggestions on where to hour build,
any recommended FTO's for my career plan?

Much appreciated all
Hope to teach you all soon
Buckle up
Nick

BEagle
15th Aug 2005, 20:41
See http://www.gapan.org/career/scholarships/schols05.htm

Now closed for 2005 though.

Good luck!

Sleeve Wing
18th Aug 2005, 08:50
Nick.
With that sort of attitude and a bit of determination ( and luck) you deserve all that a good flying career can offer.

I note that you come from Leicester and assume that you have some connection with LAC at Leic. East.
Suggest you have a word with Neil Voce - Neil should be able to help quite a bit as he has done with others.

Just one thing crossed my mind as I read your post. Why don't you start with a military career ?

Good luck.

Sleeve. :ok:

OneMileHigh
21st Aug 2005, 10:38
Try Aft at Coventry. They are not far from Leicester and are very approachable.

They run a sponsored cadet scheme still, one of the few airline that still do. lots of competition though for the few entrants per year.

Good luck to you for the future.