PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Tests

BigHeadNuts
14th Aug 2005, 18:34
Hi,

Currently getting myself fit for RAF selection/training.

Can anyone please give me the tests that i will have to carry out, so i will be able to practice these and focus on improving the areas of my fitness that these tests test (hope that makes sense.)

I know that there is a bleep test, the minimum level is 9.10 i believe (please correct if wrong).

Any more detailed info on this test and others would be great.

Cheers
BHN

DaveyBoy
14th Aug 2005, 18:59
Hi, BHN,

Have a look at http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166273, which is a useful collection of links to different aspects of OASC.

There are contradictory reports, which might reflect requirements changing, but it would seem that the most recent advice is that boarding still only requires a bleep test, and the level you achieve is still converted to a grade based on your age and gender. Looks like for males under 25, 10.6 is required to get a "good", and 11.7 is needed for an "excellent".

9.10 is the highest you must reach as part of your annual fitness test once you've finished training, although the standard for some posts and detachments can be higher,

Best of luck,

d

Aynayda Pizaqvick
14th Aug 2005, 21:33
The TA have (or did have when I used it a few years ago) a good website to help people get fit for the army. It has a week by week fitness guide and will more than meet the fitness requirements we have in the RAF. I don't have the web link but I am sure you can google it.
Best of luck
AP

Incipient Sinner
14th Aug 2005, 21:57
BHN,

Don't worry about the minimum standard. If you get yourself as fit as you possibly can before IOT then it's one less thing for you to worry about while you're there.

Once you've met the entry standard (forget the bleep test, as long as you can run 7 minute miles) at the start of IOT all you have to do is give 100% in your time at Cranditz; your fitness will improve and you will impress them.

There's a game to play but you certainly CAN'T be seen to play it, so just give you're all and you'll be fine.

IS.

6foottanker
14th Aug 2005, 23:45
Yeh, just try to get off that armchair and away from watching Big Brother before you start, it won't do you any good to pitch up not having done anything.

They are, however, bringing in new fitness tests more like the army BFT, with maximal bleep tests, pack runs etc. Its an anti wraf measure apparently:E

Well Travelled Nav
15th Aug 2005, 07:49
Anyone who trains for the minimum deserves not to be selected!!

It's a maximal test and obviously the better you do, the more credit you get.

Furthermore, don't forget situps and pressups are part of the test too.

As for Good and Excellent, these assessments have been discontinued.

WTN

BigGrecian
15th Aug 2005, 09:44
Once selected (if for IOT this is) a little booklet will be dispatched with your joining instructions detailing a recommended routine and all sorts of sit ups etc.

I just hope you get far enough to receive this booklet. Good Luck.

Jacks Down
15th Aug 2005, 09:48
BHN,

The Pre-Joining Fitness Test minimum standard for a male aged under 24 is level 8.06 on the MSFT ('beep test'). The corresponding standard for a female (I'm not making any assumptions!) is level 5.00.

As has been pointed out, you will be expected to reach a higher level once in the Service - indeed before passing out from IOT. Clearly, the fitter you are the better, it all points to preparation, motivation etc. It also gives you one less thing to worry about.

Good luck,

JD

Tourist
15th Aug 2005, 10:28
If you can't reach 13.0 when you join you should be Fecking embarassed!
Going for the minimum will always make you unpopular in training

abbotyobs
15th Aug 2005, 11:27
Mmmmm,
I would not worry about it too much. I trained quite hard for IOT, a while ago now, following the advice given in the pre-IOT booklet.
During the 1st assessment run, to stream you into A,B or C fitness streams, as I crossed the line, I looked behind to see 10 to 15 of the new student/cadet officers walking. They could not even run 1.5 miles, pathetic, and these people still got through the course on black monday!

dopeonarope
15th Aug 2005, 11:50
From the June 05 OASC Guidance Document.

MULTI STAGE FITNESS TEST (SHUTTLE RUN)
AGE 17-24 25-29 30-34 35-39 40-44 45-49 50+
MALE 9-10 8-10 8-3 7-4 6-1 5-1 4-3
FEMALE 6-10 5-6 5-3 4-7 4-3 3-9 3-5

PRESS-UP TEST (Time Permitted; 1 minute)
MALE 13 12 11 10 9 8 7
FEMALE 10 9 8 7 6 5 4

SIT-UP TEST (Time Permitted; 1 minute)
MALE 35 31 27 23 19 15 11
FEMALE 25 22 19 16 13 10 7

SWIMMING TEST (Aircrew, Ops Sp, RAF Regt, PEdO)
Swimming 3 lengths dressed in RAF Coveralls
Treading water for 2 minutes in coveralls
Climbing out of pool unaided, also in coveralls

If a young thruster cannot get 13+ then should not be a member, Train hard, work hard, then you can play hard. Why do I have this info? As a 36 year old ex winchman trying to re-enlist, I want to be as fit as I possibly can and prove my worth at OASC for my reselection...... next week.... gulp 15 years since my last visit!

Hoist to crew winching over and I hope not OUT

BigGrecian
15th Aug 2005, 12:00
If a young thruster cannot get 13

How do you define young thruster, because when I was going through IOT I would say that at least 50% were not getting Level 13+ at the end of IOT (too many pies after FLC) and that was only 2 years ago.

Unmissable
15th Aug 2005, 13:50
Just seen a poster down at the gym which says that from Sep 05 the RAF Fitness test will be a 'max effort' test for all, ie go until you drop.

The basic pass rate is the same as before but there are gradings for Good, Very Good and Excellent. This max effort applies to the MSFT (bleep test) as well as press ups and sit ups (1 min timing).

Basic pass rates look similar to those posted above, but as has been said before, aiming for the minimum is foolish, especially when you are 22 and competing for places.

dopeonarope
15th Aug 2005, 16:51
Young Thruster..... 18-21 years old full of Pi$$ and Vinegar. Full career pattern ahead.

I like the idea that all have to do Fit test to max effort, keep a medic on hand at AFT for the portly Snowdrop or handbrake house members! Myocardial Infarction awaiting to happen!!:\

Hoist to crew winching over and I hope not out

6foottanker
15th Aug 2005, 19:51
Unfortunately, it's a sad fact that far too many of our 'young thrusters' have a maximum which is well below the current minimum standard. And it's very difficult to get rid of these people, who are in the main (med exceptions, obviously) wasters. So while they're unfit to deploy, all the other people who actually take some pride in their fitness and their job get sent out of area more often. Is it any wonder the military is in its current state?

L1A2 discharged
15th Aug 2005, 19:56
but the overarching question is what are we for? Many moons ago a young, keen, L1A2 kept fit doing team sports on wednesdays and saturdays, some sundays and trained other evenings. Now we have no time for sport, evenings are for 6000s and trivia, weekends are - for too many - a commuting nightmare.

A 'new' diktat from those famously knowledgable on fitness personnel; the rocks, says our fitness must be equal to that of an infantryman ..... when they fix aircraft I will do a BFT.

MB&T.

Jobza Guddun
15th Aug 2005, 20:17
"Just seen a poster down at the gym which says that from Sep 05 the RAF Fitness test will be a 'max effort' test for all, ie go until you drop.

The basic pass rate is the same as before but there are gradings for Good, Very Good and Excellent. This max effort applies to the MSFT (bleep test) as well as press ups and sit ups (1 min timing)."

I wonder what the incentive will be to go further than the minimum? Higher pay band? Better 6000 / OJAR? Extra Leave?

Fail to see the point of this, as there will be no benefit to achieving more than the bloke who passes at the minimum.

Just set a PROPER standard and get shot of those who can't/won't/don't achieve it.

Lima Juliet
15th Aug 2005, 20:21
I concur mon brave...

PlasticCabDriver
15th Aug 2005, 21:01
Can't say I ever made 13+, best I ever got was about 11.4. I could do a mile and a half in about 8:30 so was reasonably fit, just never seemed to be able to do the turning round bit very efficiently.
Best one I saw was a chap who was told by the PTI to stop at " beep beep beep...level 16", made me tired just watching him and he was hardly breathing.

16 blades
15th Aug 2005, 21:59
our fitness must be equal to that of an infantryman

Why?

Just seen a poster down at the gym which says that from Sep 05 the RAF Fitness test will be a 'max effort' test for all, ie go until you drop.

What a great idea! Now how do you spell 'Health and Safety".....?

16B

dopeonarope
15th Aug 2005, 22:16
PEd flight to be equiped with Public Access Defibrillators me thinks, if that is to actioned, potential for lots of Cardiac Arrests!

Max effort is needed, but regular training needs to be reintroduced..... Sports afternoons, encouragement to train a must. The way ahead should be to increase the level to be reached every year. Not max out until you are out forever!

Train hard, work hard, play hard

Hoist to crew winching over and out

adr
15th Aug 2005, 22:31
Why?
Bragging rights. And they'll retaliate by insisting that the intelligence of infantrymen must be equal to that of an airman.

:E

adr

MAD Boom
16th Aug 2005, 00:14
Great party line from a fat bloke there!

DRJ can easily be read on cross trainer/exercise bike.

Bottom line, if you can't pass our feeble excuse of a fitness test, out you go!!

Baskitt Kase
16th Aug 2005, 00:29
...and he was hardly breathing.

That bit at least sounds like the end of my last fitness test!:ouch:

bowly
16th Aug 2005, 13:51
From what I can recall, it really didn't matter how fit you were when you went to Cranwell. The only issue was whether you were selected for groups A,B,C or D. I notice from previous posts that group D no longer exists. Just as well because it pi**ed us all off mightily when Cpl ******* would come out of the gym and announce that everyone was to do endurance training (beasting) except group D (fat bast**ds and birds) who went off swimming. Lazy good for nothings.

At the end of the day everyone went away fitter.

I am of the opinion by the way, that if you pitch up completely unfit and then improve throughout the course, you will stand out more than the fit bloke who doesn't improve much at all!!!! Now that is playing the game right from the start!!!!

Jimlad
16th Aug 2005, 14:11
My issue with the fitness test is that put simply I do not have and have never had the frame for running. Despite my best efforts I struggle to run any significant distance and feel the run isn't a reflection on my true fitness. I go to the gym regularly, I can cycle for miles, I fence and I can do all sorts of things - but I cannot for the life of me, despite masses of effort trying run 1.5miles in 12 minutes. Does that make me unfit to serve?

Stax
16th Aug 2005, 14:37
Hear Hear to all who say "if you can't pass the current test's you should be on your way out" (geuine downgrades excepted) Heard the one about the 19 year old techie who came out of Halton and Cosford onto a Rapier Sqn having never passed his AFT? Not a joke, a fact. Is he still in? yes but no longer on a Rapier Sqn, sitting on his arse at a sleepy hollow now. Rant over!

PlasticCabDriver
16th Aug 2005, 16:33
1.5miles in 12 minutes?

Used to be 10 in my day! 12 Minutes was for the girls!

Baskitt Kase
16th Aug 2005, 17:13
Ah, but in your day Jimlad used to be Janelass. ;)

claude liardet
16th Aug 2005, 20:02
I don't know where all this 'every one as fit as an infantryman' came from - it certainly didn't come from the Regiment, nor are we ever likely to suggest anything like it. Sounds like somebody dreamed it up as a suitable Rock-bashing rumour (not that as such it would necessarily be wrong on this site..!).

There's no harm in general fitness levels being raised though, and even though the pass standards aren't changing with the new version of the RAFFT it does go some way towards raising the profile of the issue.

lippiatt
16th Aug 2005, 20:05
And what about the Operational Fitness Assessment being introduced in Apr 06 according to some recent literature.

This involves lifting weights onto the back of a 4 tonner, digging a sand pit, crawling under a net and some shuttle runs - all in boots, helmet, weapon and greens.

Incentive to pass - a free 4 month holiday in the desert. Those who fail? Nothing specified yet - the only way to treat them surely is to reduce their pay??!!

BEagle
16th Aug 2005, 20:28
How appallingly working class.....

Which lunatics dream up such nonsense? Or is it some devious airline recruting ploy?

PMA's Toy
16th Aug 2005, 21:33
Simply, what's wrong with the idea of really just being fit to serve?

If your job becomes compromised because you huff, puff, fall over, have a coronary, or can't lift enough, then you're not fit enough for your job.

If you go to work, do everything you need to do at least as well and as quick as the bloke next to you, but choose to be obese, drink 10 pints and smoke 40 a day, is that really a problem?

Problems should only arise if you have a guy that everyone else has to cover for during his lack of fitness; or you have a bloke who can't sustain a 3-sorties-a-day flying rate; or a bloke who can't carry his appropriate level of equipment around while marching.

I'd be annoyed if I could fly 2 ACT trips a day, get everything done, and still smell sweet when I get home; yet be bo****ed senseless because I can't do shuttle runs fast enough....?

L1A2 discharged
17th Aug 2005, 22:51
Allegedly as below:

1st failure, 12 weeks remedial PTI package - in your 'own time carry on' - then retest
2nd failure - subject to having attended and carried out said stage 1 training, more remedial PTI, and interview - no coffee with senior management. OJAR / 6000 compromised (sp?)
3rd failure, subject to etc etc, more remedial PTI stuff. Medical involvement to check physiology, possible formal warning.
4th failure. subject to etc etc. Admin discharge.

QED a free get out.

Chicken Leg
19th Aug 2005, 10:34
I find this all very ammusing!

"I cannot for the life of me, despite masses of effort trying run 1.5miles in 12 minutes. Does that make me unfit to serve?"

Err, yes Next you'll be telling us you're not fat, you've just got too much skin! Get out and train, it works miracles!

"I wonder what the incentive will be to go further than the minimum? Higher pay band? Better 6000 / OJAR? Extra Leave?"

"Fail to see the point of this, as there will be no benefit to achieving more than the bloke who passes at the minimum."

How about self respect, dignity perhaps. I bet you're fat and smoke tabs!

Let's be honest though chaps. RAF and fitness tests are not terms that sit comfortably alongside each other are they?

:hmm:

BEagle
19th Aug 2005, 11:02
"Let's be honest though chaps. RAF and fitness tests are not terms that sit comfortably alongside each other are they?"

That certainly seemed to be the case for roughly the first 75 years of the RAF.

And wasn't a particular problem either.

:rolleyes:

ANAPROP
19th Aug 2005, 11:04
Reminds me of a proud senior guy (age-wise) who failed his AFT, yet had been a keen sportsman in his youth. Was so upset he beasted himself on the squash court. As he left the changing room he keeled over & snuffed it, god rest his soul...

Prediction: The new scheme will only last until the first death under test...for those more senior how will you ensure it isn't you?

dopeonarope
19th Aug 2005, 13:32
Prediction: The new scheme will only last until the first death under test...for those more senior how will you ensure it isn't you?

Start training..:ok:... there is a highly qualified PEd Flt that can give you guidance! Ask guardroom for directions to Gymnasium.

Train hard, work hard, play hard.:ouch:

Hoist to crew winching over and out

downhiller
19th Aug 2005, 22:49
Although I am not joining the RAF I am joinig the armed forces as a Royal Marines Officer...As most of you may know the fitness level required is extremly high! Just to pass the first test on the Potential Officer Course you need to achieve a min. of Level 11 in the bleep test and a max of 15.5 and this is all followed by many other very hard tests....and thats just the first day. For more info on the 'POC' go to http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/static/pages/9004.html

As the bleep test has now being stopped in schools as some kid got hurt in it this means that the up and coming officers for all the armed forces should deffinatly buy themseleves an official bleep test CD, these can be bought on ebay for about £5 or at a sports shop for £20...When you have your own CD you can pratise yourself by just marking out a 20m distance and using a CD player...I would recommend always aiming to get a level higher than the max of what they require as this will allow you to sail straight through the test! By doing this I have managed to achieve Level 16 without being too out of breath and Level 17+ when I really push it!

I deffinatly reccomend to everyone that wants to join the armed forces to buy themseleves this CD and just train, train, train and then train harder!! Then when your really knackered...go for a 10 mile run!! ;)

Hanse Cronje
19th Aug 2005, 23:56
BEags,
thought it was obvious dear chap, the Regt w****** and the PEd types. Talk about job creation, it will now take an entire day to do. As im in JHC i dont wear webbing but prefer a chest rig as more convenient, but apparently i HAVE TO wear webbing for the new test. It is truly bollocks and am glad im off to chill in SA with my fiance!

Downhiller,

A tadge bit of a difference between the two i feel. So finish your studies and if you pass Lympstone, then perhaps, if you are a good boy, i will gift you a lift in my big green heckinwopter.

16 blades
20th Aug 2005, 02:18
Sport is for people who aren't getting enough sex.

16B

Devil's Aardvark 8
20th Aug 2005, 05:40
quote: 16 blades

'Sport is for people who aren't getting enough sex.'

The late James Hunt was once quoted saying 'sex is the breakfast of champions'

If you consider motor racing to be a sport then you could say that he had the best of both worlds!

So 16B, do you consider yourself to be a good driver or unfit or, like James Hunt a little bit of both?

Always_broken_in_wilts
20th Aug 2005, 07:02
Good grief man,

He's aircrew so course he's getting plenty of sex.......we are gods afterall:E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

claude liardet
20th Aug 2005, 09:16
Quote:

'BEags,
thought it was obvious dear chap, the Regt w****** and the PEd types.'

It still hasn't been made clear quite how the Regt are to 'blame' for this, or how we will create any jobs as a result. Did UBL or anyone else you don't like have a hand in it also?

BTW, once in a blue moon someone does, unfortunately, keel over and die during the current fitness tests. It happened a few months ago as a matter of fact, and the RAF fitness test has not subsequently been binned for medico/legal reasons. It is a scientifically formulated test which is capable of standing scrutiny, as the new OFT will be also.

buoy15
20th Aug 2005, 12:24
Have to agree with Beags

I know at least 5 chaps over the last 10 years who killed themselves trying to keep fit at lunchtime or to pass the test - 2 of them had RAF colours for Squash and Athletics

I was lucky when the 1992 test came in - in my age group, I was technically allowed a week to walk the length of the gym - I decided on the easier option and drove past the gym on the way home. I maintained (and still do) my fitness, on my diet, lifestyle and choice of exercise, hence, I continue as "FIT" in my Log Book, with a PME of A1G1Z1.

Fitness is not measured by bleeps; it's measured by heart/pulse recovery rate after physical exertion

That's why some people can still breath through their nose having run 100m in 10 secs, but cannot manage 15 press-ups in the required bleep time

"Love Many, Trust a Few, They're chasing stats and looking at you!"

Rakshasa
20th Aug 2005, 12:46
Got to agree with that. Not everyone is built like a whippet, after all.

My last 1.5mile time was something like 12:33. That said on a 15 mile tab a few days later, I beat the bloke with the quickest time by a good 20mins.

PMA's Toy
20th Aug 2005, 16:07
Start training..... there is a highly qualified PEd Flt that can give you guidance! Ask guardroom for directions to Gymnasium.

At my previous station, the PEd staff seemed much happier playing football and doing their own training than helping anyone else.

When I pitched up and asked if I could get some help improving my fitness, they looked at me as if I had two heads. I think the best I got out of them was to "use the machines, maybe go swimming."

I'd love it if they could actually put together a proper fitness program for you. If I knew one of them was waiting for me in the gym to take notes and track my progress, I'd be a lot more likely to go there instead of the bar. Notwithstanding that, with them helping out my training would be focussed, technically correct, and a lot more beneficial....

Biggus
21st Aug 2005, 06:53
L1A2 suggested that under rules due to come into place in future failing you annual fitness test 4 times would lead to an admin discharge. I can see a couple of problems with this.

Firstly, as L1A2 suggests it is one way of getting out for people in trades with long PVR waiting times. Also an Admin discharge does not carry the financial penalties that a PVR often does/can.

Then there is the legal aspect. I know several people in the RAF, and there must be quite a few, who are permanetly 'excused' fitness tests for medical reasons (often knee problems). Now if we are going to discharge people who fail it, but not those who cannot complete it, that would seem to me to be discriminatory. Why are some people who don't meet the fitness criteria retained and others discharged? No doubt a smart lawyer/barrister or industrial tribuneral could take the MOD to the cleaners over it, for a 6 figure sum. I don't particular agree with a lot of 'touchy feely' human rights type law, but as long as it is out there it will be used!!

Incidently, surely the only 'scientific' fitness test the RAF employs is the bike test for 'old gits', as it actually measures VO2 max?

Mad_Mark
21st Aug 2005, 07:42
Would they also bin a CR(S) aircrew guy/gal who was A1G1Z1, did all the right things, sec. duties, etc, but could not, for one reason or another (non-medical), pass the bleep test?

MadMark!!! :mad:

Bob Viking
21st Aug 2005, 09:34
Madmark.
Of course not. Let them stay in the forces and come the day when they are behind enemy lines and have to evade they can just take a nap instead and wait for the interrogation!

Biggus.
Are we talking about a 'Kingcycle' test, with the full rig? I doubt it. That is the true way to test. Bleeps can also be related to VO2 max, although a more crude method. Can't see anyone cycling away from the enemy though!
BV:ok:

cazatou
21st Aug 2005, 14:23
Gentlemen,

Once again I have to agree with BEagle as your reasoning would have deprived the RAF of such people as Air Commodore Freddie West VC; Group Captain Sir Douglas Bader DSO* DFC* and Sgt Colin Hutchison - all amputees.

Those who advocate utilising the Army's approach woul do well to remember the Royal Artillery Warrant Officer who was deemed too old (at 55) for active duty and was sent as an Anti-Aircraft Liaision Officer to Bomber Command Headquarters for the duration.

This Gentleman (at the end of Operations in Europe in 1945) was awarded by the RAF the DFC as, in his "off duty" periods, he participated in Bomber Operations as a volunteer Air Gunner. He completed one operation for each year of his life - which by the end of hostilities was 62!!!!

Big Unit Specialist
21st Aug 2005, 17:22
If your job involves sitting about drinking coffee and chatting on the radio you probably don't need to be as fit as the bloke who runs about with a bergan on and digs holes for amusement or indeed the chap who may normally sit in an airconditioned office until the driver parks it in the wrong place and who then has to do the running about thing.....

ergo: If you are fit enough to do your job, great, if not, you will be found out most probably at a really bad time and will have let your mates down.

ps it's amazing what a fat kn@cker can do when scared witless!

:ok:

So in summary.. oh I just can't be bothered.

There are some things in life that don't really matter, most things don't matter at all!

cazatou
21st Aug 2005, 18:39
Big Unit Specialist

If that is your attitude, THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THIS FORUM?

circle kay
21st Aug 2005, 18:41
downhiller...
Don't buy a CD for the bleep test. To work up before you join or if you want to train outside PEd Flt Hrs use this MP3 file, (lots of ways to convert MP3 to CD format on the web if you haven't got one of the white box things). Haven’t found the software to convert to 78 RPM for BEagle yet. :D

BLEEP TEST MP3 (http://www.fitness4living.co.uk/downloads.htm)

BEagle
21st Aug 2005, 18:57
78 rpm is a bit modern, actually. And the damn dog keeps sticking his head down the trumpet.....

Wax cylinders will never be replaced!

PlasticCabDriver
21st Aug 2005, 19:23
Rakshasa, that rings a bell, on the same IOT was a racing snake whippet type, do the mile and a half in about 7 minutes flat - in trainers. Put some boots and webbing on and he slowed down to the same as the rest of us, add an A-pack and he could hardly move.

dopeonarope
29th Aug 2005, 10:08
Just returned from Blighty and OASC and was amazed by the lack of fitness and prepardness by potential O Corps candidates.

Me as a high end 30 year old put most young whipper snappers to shame. 4th out of 17 in tests. (very good grade on new test levels) They were a great bunch of people and will make fine officers I am sure, and wish them good luck, but everyone who goes for selection needs to train and prepare hard.

Got to go, need to go for me morning run ....... I think I am on my way back to blighty, flying side

Hoist to crew Winching over and definately not out!:ok:

Mmmmnice
29th Aug 2005, 19:58
Tried dancing to that download - must be some kind of 'modern' music, no hint of a proper tune. Now what's all this about sandbags? - I was quite content with my 7 press-ups (not rushing of course)

joe2812
29th Aug 2005, 21:36
TA Army Fitness Guide (http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/;_ylt=AkoernomVZKnp2yezJQWuEJLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBjcWlmbGY5BGwD V1MxBHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=134tm314b/EXP=1125437584/**http%3A%2F%2Fwww.army.mod.uk%2Flinked_files%2Flondon_reg%2 FTA_BPFA__CFT_Guide1.doc)

Not sure if you're still looking for something similar? Page 9 seems useful.

Joe

Grum Peace Odd
30th Aug 2005, 00:56
Listened to the mp3 'cos I don't have to listen to it in the gym each year and only had 1 question - what sort of sad, sick puppy does level 21.16?