PDA

View Full Version : Do any Britannia Pilots read here?

Northerner
12th Aug 2005, 20:31
Hello,

if there is anyone here reading from Britannia, and you know who was flying the BAL012A outbound from Gatwick at about 3.15 pm this afternoon (Friday 12th August) on a Dover departure on 120.52, could you please pass on my greatest of thanks for the relaying job they did for me with the pilot who had R/T problems.

The crew relayed messages fro me for a good 10 minutes, and it made a huge difference to my workload, also helping keep things safe.

You did a fantastic job, and it was much appreciated. :ok:

If there is anywhere I could send a written note to I would be grateful for the information.

Cheers,
Northerner
:)

P.S. If any moderator would like to move this to somewhere it might get seen better by a Britannia pilot that would be grand!

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to..."

BOAC
13th Aug 2005, 07:55
You can 'click' on the link to the Britannia forum (now called 'TUI')moderator and he/she might post it there for you?

Go to 'Airline Specific' and click on 'Tight Slot' to email or PM.

Northerner
13th Aug 2005, 08:45
Thanks for that.

I did look at the TUI forum, but didn't think I'd be eligible to register so I just posted here hopefully. However, I'll try the route that you suggest!

Thanks.

Cheers,
N

TightSlot
14th Aug 2005, 14:03
Now copied to the TUI forum Northerner, from where I'm sure it will get passed to the relevant pilot - Thanks for taking the time to feedback. Should you wish to write, the company address is as follows:

Britannia Airways Ltd.
London Luton Airport
Luton
Bedfordshire
LU2 9ND

Northerner
14th Aug 2005, 20:51
Perfect, thanks for that!

:ok: :ok:

Cheers,

N

the flying frog
17th Aug 2005, 08:43
It was the least we could do after all the help we get from Gatwick and London ATC.

Thanks for the thanks!!

atco-matic
19th Aug 2005, 11:26
Seeing this reminded me of the story from that magazine that wasn't airway... maybe you could post this in the TUI forum!:p

A FIRST FOR BRITANNIA!

Britannia Airways transits UK airspace without whinging

Early last Saturday morning a Britannia Boeing 737 from Palma to Glasgow actually flew through LATCC airspace without once asking,

a) for a direct route
b) for a higher level
c) for a lower level
d) how far is that aircraft in my 2 o'clock?
e) isn't this frequency too busy and shouldn't it be split?

It is believed that this is the first recorded time that this has happened. The AIB and IAM at Farnborough have been informed as it is understood that the crew may well have been asleep.

;) ;) ;)

TightSlot
19th Aug 2005, 12:47
atco-matic - Thanks for raining on our parade: Everybody was having a lovely time, but I suppose you just couldn't help yourself?

Hope you don't mind, but I'll leave this one here rather than transfer to TUI: That way you'll be able to look back on it with pleasure and pride whenever you feel down and lonely...
:E

ETOPS
19th Aug 2005, 13:55
Well I would like to congratulate Northerner on being one of the first people here for ages who can spell Britannia without 2 t's.........

thegypsy
19th Aug 2005, 14:41
Considering he is from "up north " it is even more surprising!!:ok:

atco-matic
19th Aug 2005, 15:30
Oh dear... somebody's suffering from sense of humour failure today!

Northerner
19th Aug 2005, 19:35
And not only am I "coming from up North", I'm also a she...
:p

thegypsy
19th Aug 2005, 20:32
Northerner My apologies Ma'm I should have realised as you are "naughty but nice" but these days you never know who or what you are dealing with.:confused:

Northerner
20th Aug 2005, 13:54
thegypsy:

Apology graciously accepted...

And those who know me might tell you that even when you know me you still don't know what you are dealing with!!!!!
:E

Cheers,
N

Gonzo
20th Aug 2005, 18:30
Hmmmmmmmm....what to say..........;)

22nd Aug 2005, 07:21
Sorry to read your article on Britannia, I've always found them to be a good outfit......the comments you make are similar to a situation quite a few years ago with Air 2000......but that has all ceased now.
When I was much younger an ex-RAF Britannia [aircraft] landed at Blackpool for an end of season landladies' charter. As the crew walked to the terminal they saw a little boy in short trousers, hand-me-down sandals, no socks, and a pullover full of holes....he was clutching a small notebook and pencil in the falling rain....he'd never seen an aircraft that big before.
The captain lifted him over the low fence, took him on board, and showed him the flight-deck. Dreams are made in such moments.
Some years later the same boy was an assistant at LATCC and used to drive to Luton to cadge a flight somewhere...could have been a Monarch Britannia, Courtline BA 1-11, or a Britannia 737....on one occassion the chief pilot JD enters and sees grubby youth in corner...what will he do?...throw him out?.....no! Takes him to GCXO and back in "sierra india" [ B707 ].
To me, that is Britannia Airways......not the outfit described in the article.

Heading 365
25th Aug 2005, 21:17
I went to Athens and back on YSI courtesy of Britannia, great trip it was to, especially the spiral descent from 350 about 15 miles east of the field to get on the approach.

They invited a young boy up for a look at the flight deck whilst in the cruise which he seemed to think was great but you've never seen a crew move so fast as when he made a grab for the throttles saying ' what do these do?'.

Did a repeat trip on a B737 a few years later, did my back ache after eight hours on the jump seat, the 707 was sheer luxury y comparison.

H365

ps How can you tell pre CAA/NATS ATC staff?

Staff numbers all start with '05' or lower.