PDA

View Full Version : Dilemna II

morroccomole
30th Mar 2000, 07:21
Have just received pay packet, and have been overpaid by £750 gross.

A) Keep stumb
B) Own up

Answers please
N.B. This happens quite regularly, the last time was a grand and its been turned in to a 3 piece suite!!

greaseytech
31st Mar 2000, 03:34
Move the money to a high interest account but don't spend a penny. If they catch up with you, you are leagally bound to pay it back, but if they don't notice for say a year or two, at least you have still profited from their error.

phyxit
31st Mar 2000, 19:39
Uh oh. See your first delemna. It's possible they've promoted you to lead engineer with-out telling you. Happened to me once, didn't find out 'til I got a suspension for being late:
"You idiot! You're the Lead Hand!"
"I am?"
"Oops, forgot to tell you. Didn't you notice the pay raise. Take the next three days off with-out pay."
"OK"

This makes your first problem, your problem.

Or your company is deeply, deeply screwed up. Take option B in D1, combined with Greaseytech's advice.

jobsworth
1st Apr 2000, 00:23
Well sweet!
If only the bean counters at our place would over pay me. I would not tell them, and if they did say they overpayed me, I would claim it was all bulls~~it and spend the money. If all else fails blame the beancounters of fraud!

Bird Dog99
2nd Apr 2000, 08:53
Dilemma? What Dilemma??? I see no problem at all. You get to sit around all day without being watched by senior management, and further more, you get overpaid for it!!! Maybe you should have a look at the other end of the stick. If some thing goes wrong, who's head is on the stick first off?
Senior Management. They are paid to sit in a office all day, take the wrap for your incapability to work, push pens and do all the other paperwork that you could be doing while you are sitting on your a*** doing SFA.
Maybe you should have a look at the wider scale.....