PDA

View Full Version : Euroberlin - The Christmas Poem

Multi-X
24th Jun 2000, 00:38
Just found a copy of "The Christmas Poem" & thought that all ex TXL would like to see the masterpiece again. Whilst originally planned to stay in TXL, it seemed to spread through the Monarch system quicker than the “ I Love you “ virus.

“Twas Christmas eve at Tegel and while the nightshift slept,
a merry chap with twinkling eyes into the office crept.
His nose was red & shiney (he drank until excess)
and on his back, was a large black sack.
( a fireproof bag I guess!)

‘Twas Father Bootsie G#$%&*m! though known by other names,
and pikie Jim & Kathy had come to join in Monarch’s games.
Out of Bootsie’s bulging sack, they pulled out gifts galore,
wrapped in glittering paper & laid them on the floor.

Boxes full of empty promises, knives for peoples backs,
IOU’s from Kathy to pay your back tax,
a selection of contracts, loopholes in every line,
anti-sense of humour spray & alcohol free wine

When the bag was empty and they left the sleeping techs
They headed for the Irish bar to get some down their necks
With a cry of “ Stick with me Kid”, they flew into the night
Or they would have if staff travel hadn’t buggered up their flight
Anon

Or rather would have been “Anon” if the poet had typed it!

near enuf is good enuf
24th Jun 2000, 14:48
M

[This message has been edited by near enuf is good enuf (edited 28 October 2000).]

JetMender
24th Jun 2000, 15:50
I remember it well! It brings back memories (of various sorts). I think the author regretted it being published so far and wide!

Multi-X
24th Jun 2000, 16:20
Jet Mender you are right. It was only intended for TXL but one of the visitors from GLA faxed to home, it then did the rounds at LTN. The author was told to say sorry to all concerned at LTN as they were so upset. When he did so, none of them were upset, only Bootsie then again the truth hurts.

As for my time at MAEL in Berlin- I always say I worked for Euroberlin as they looked everyone - engineers, crews & ground staff - even though we did not work for them.

Bus429
24th Jun 2000, 18:32
I was seconded to TXL from MAN in 1991 and remember the poem. I lost my copy and am glad to see it here. I was only there for a month but I really enjoyed it. Growler was there for quite a while.

growler
24th Jun 2000, 19:23
I was there for almost 3 years but the poem was before my time. I do remember seeing it at Luton though!As for those that were 'upset' by it, I too was hauled over the coals about a practical joke that someone took too seriously saying that people in other departments were 'upset'. When I finally got to talk to those people they told me how they had laughed like drains at my joke!!