PDA

View Full Version : Canada to fall under JAA regulations

zorx
7th Aug 2005, 15:46
Now this would be great for young trainees coming up in the industry.Example:lets say one looks at "Flight International"it appears to me that alot of jobs look for these qualifications,so it would seem that a JAA licence will give you more value for the Dollar.Further to this it would give the industry a good shake up ,getting away from this "need a degree to get a job at AC BS"

:ok:
:8 however not knowing who is truly running the country I don,t know if this positive change will occur:8

All one can do is pray for the poor souls who where cooned at the flight school:ugh: AMEN

sameraindrop
8th Aug 2005, 00:55
when would that happen?

Regards,

SR

cplpilot
8th Aug 2005, 14:08
If it happend i will be the happiest man alive!!!!! This mean that you can apply for jobs in Europe, higher salaries and canadian industry will will have to wake up and be more competitive!!!! i hope you are right!!!!

doo
8th Aug 2005, 16:37
What is the source of the said info?

FFP
8th Aug 2005, 20:00
Source of info . . .. Try the latest leaflet entitled B**LL*CKS !

Obbie
8th Aug 2005, 21:46
Whats wrong FFP ?

The boys in the colonies not worthy enough for the mighty JAA stamp !!!!!

Oh the British, they're so superior.

in limbo
8th Aug 2005, 21:48
This should open some doors .;)

CD
9th Aug 2005, 01:11
Well, seeing as the JAA (http://www.jaa.nl/) will pretty much cease to exist in the next few years as OPS and FCL is transferred over to EASA (http://www.easa.eu.int/home/)... :rolleyes:

"...JAA actively participated to the activity for the transition from the JAA system to EASA by developing in consultation with the Commission a transition process on regulatory aspects. On September 28, 2003 EASA started its activities. Competence for certification and maintenance for EU Member States was transferred to EASA. The next steps will consist of extending the scope of EASA to aircraft operations and crew licensing..."

FFP
9th Aug 2005, 04:32
No, you've got it all wrong Obbie.

Olbie's got it spot on.

I'd be fully for it.

Just don't think it'll happen any time soon.

cleartoland04
14th Aug 2005, 23:15
And don't forget that to work in Europe you need....a European passport!

No passport, no job, even with a JAA stamped licence...

Althought harmonizing flight standards throughout the world would be a great step forward

Mat

half mile
15th Aug 2005, 22:25
This story sounds a little fishy??

I called TC and spoke with an inspector involved with Canadian regulations. He didn't know of plans for Canada to fall under JAA.

I'd love to know where this story has come from, and if you have any info to back up this rumour.

I think someone's stirrin' the pot:p

Canadian Beech
16th Aug 2005, 02:57
Cleartoland 's got it right boys & girls... no passport, no job.:(

Safety Guy
18th Aug 2005, 00:12
Spend long enough on this forum, and you'll learn to ignore zorxy's mindless ravings. There is no such thing in the works, and I have that directly from Ottawa.

Captaingomes
18th Aug 2005, 02:32
I too asked a TC inspector, and I asked a management pilot where I work, and nothing was known to them. This would be great for pilots looking for work abroad, but as it stands it's too good to be true for now.

Trader
18th Aug 2005, 08:14
A country can adopt the JAA procedures or 'way of doing business' but it CANNOT issue a JAA licence unless it is one of the JAA member states.

For example, my company models the JAA format for ops manuals etc but we do not receive a JAA licence.

Finally, even if you were able to get the JAA licence in Canada it would be useless without the right to work in a European/JAA country.

oldebloke
18th Aug 2005, 18:42
Keep in mind that for some time now Trans Canada have 'adopted 'the JAA standard in certifying new types.All Canadair(RJ's etc)are certified under JAA rules..
cheers:ok:

CD
19th Aug 2005, 11:12
Keep in mind that for some time now Trans Canada have 'adopted 'the JAA standard in certifying new types.All Canadair(RJ's etc)are certified under JAA rules...

Well, actually that's not correct either:

Model CL-600-2B19 - FAR Part 25 including amendments 25-1 through 25-62
Model CL-600-2C10 - FAR Part 25 including amendments 25-1 through 25-86
Model CL-600-2D15 & CL-600-2D24 - AWM Chapter 525, Change 525-7

Type Certificate Data Sheet A-131 (http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/applications/nico-celn/en/getfile_inc.asp?x_lang=e&AFCflag=Y&doc_type=pdf&aprv_num=A-131&isu_num=33&isu_dt_start=2005%2D05%2D03+00%3A00%3A00&proj_num=050056)

Now, it is true that for the most part, the transport category design rules are harmonized between the FAA, TCCA, DAC-CTA and EASA.

PS - EASA assumed responsibility for aircraft type certification from the JAA in 2003 and published their own design rules, called Certification Specifications (http://www.easa.eu.int/home/certspecs_en.html).

STC
20th Aug 2005, 14:36
Well, actually that's not correct either:

Model CL-600-2B19 - FAR Part 25 including amendments 25-1 through 25-62
Model CL-600-2C10 - FAR Part 25 including amendments 25-1 through 25-86
Model CL-600-2D15 & CL-600-2D24 - AWM Chapter 525, Change 525-7

Its a bit more twisted than that. Those are only the Canadian type certificates. When and aircraft manufacturer introduces a new design, they typically apply for a type certificate with each civil airworthiness authority for which they desire approval.

In the case of Bombardier products they tend to concentrate on the big 3 of TCCA, FAA and EASA (formerly JAA).

Although the standards are similar, there are some rather large differences between CAR 525, FAR 25 and EASA CS-25.

For one, CAR 525 has a cold soak requirement that the others don't. For another, the FAA tends to interpret the colors of certain annunciators differently than TCCA and EASA often mandates flashing annunciators where TCCA and the FAA think a steady illumination is just fine.

The latest ammendment of EASA CS-25 (replaced JAR 25) is a HUGE departure from past standards.

If you want to sell an airplane in a foreign country, you often have to work with that country to form a type certificate and they will typically impose their own standards.

So it is quite correct to state that Bombardier designs to EASA standards. And FAA standards. And TCCA standards. And whatever other standards they need to meet to sell airplanes to other countries.

Did you know that an N registered CRJ has to be modified to meet the Canadian type certificate before you can C register it?

CD
20th Aug 2005, 16:57
Its a bit more twisted than that.
:ok:

Tibetan
20th Aug 2005, 21:17
It will most likely will happen in the future.What a civil servent doesn,t know won,t hurt him,nor can he or she do any damage.My money is on the reality of this positive economic policy for Canada and the world of "civil"aviation.To have a strong pioneering industry perverted by twits from the ivory towers of Ottowa is a grotesgue insult to the souls of the men and women who built the industry.I feel it,s time for the "not so bright"beaurocrats to weave the nation into the rest of the world and toss this pathetic "I am Canadian" attitude in the can where it belongs.I could give a toss about nationhood nor could the politicians who pad their wallets.

"Give me a marketable licence"a good return on my investment.

Good luck those who lobby for a strong nation and prosperityand dam you who wish to preserve redneck ignorance