PDA

View Full Version : NPPL motor glider

effortless
6th Aug 2005, 17:15
I have just been asked by my daughter if, having attained an NPPL on a motor glider, it is a big issue to convert to a C152 or other. She has access to almost free training on a Slingsby. (I dare not ask!) I know nothing about NPPL. :confused:

OK I should google but you lot are so helpfull.:}

BEagle
7th Aug 2005, 06:05
No, if young Miss effortless holds a NPPL with SLMG Class Rating, to add a Simple SE Aeroplane Class Rating to her NPPL, she will need to meet the following requirements (from the NPPL Cross-Credit doument):

SECTION 2. CROSS-CREDITING LICENCES AND RATINGS TO NPPL (SEP)

2.1 Pilots with valid licences and ratings

NPPL (SLMG) or UK PPL (A) SLMG to NPPL (SEP)

The holder of a NPPL (SLMG) or UK PPL (A) SLMG who wishes to obtain a NPPL (SEP) shall:

a. Produce the NPPL (SLMG) or UK PPL (A) SLMG;

b. Produce log book evidence of having satisfactorily completed SEP differences training with a SEP FI in a simple single-engine piston aeroplane;

c. Hold a valid NPPL Medical Declaration or JAR-FCL Class 1 or 2 medical certificate.

And that's it. No further exams or Skill Tests, just differences training to the FI's satisfaction, then submit the forms to NPLG together with the £65 admin fee.

But note that she won't be able to upgrade to a JAR-FCL PPL under current rules unless she meets the requirements stated in LASORS - including hours flown with a JAR-FCL FI, passing all the JAR-FCL PPL exams etc.

effortless
7th Aug 2005, 08:24
Ta very much Beags, she will be well impressed. :ok: