PDA

View Full Version : Where to get old PPL exam questions?

Icerman
6th Aug 2005, 14:06
Is it possible to get old JAA PPL ground exam (British CAA) questions from somewhere? (Internet preferably) I’ve seen similar FAA questions somewhere but have lost the link.

Cheers!

Whirlygig
6th Aug 2005, 14:40
I don't believe you can since JAA hasn't been around ALL that long, the "old" questions are probably still the current questions!

However, you can buy a couple of books with JAA PPL style questions. These are "Q & A for the Private Pilot" and "The PPL Confuser".

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Whirlygig

J.A.F.O.
6th Aug 2005, 16:55
Or try airquiz.com where, for a couple of quid, you can do as many mock exams as you like.

Used it myself and it's great value and, while it doesn't use actual questions from past papers, is a good pointer to your level of knowledge.

niknak
6th Aug 2005, 18:23
We used to be able to get the same thing for ATCO training, but the CAA stopped it many years ago because they were concerned that trainees were learning the answers to the questions but not understanding the practical application of the theory.
This has largly been taken away by the introduction of continuous assesment with milestones to achieve, during the courses.

I imagine thats tehir thinking in this case as well.