PDA

View Full Version : Pprune gets some press

MLS-12D
6th Aug 2005, 11:33
The following appeared in the article “Aviation fixation”, The Globe & Mail (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/), Friday August 5, 2005, p.R31:The horse’s mouth is at the Professional Pilot Rumour Network (pprune.org; click the ‘Forums’ link for the good stuff), a cross between a pilot’s lounge and a sociology experiment gone awry. It’s a well-known Internet forum for airline pilots, where the discussion is informed and intense. But since this is the Internet, everyone is anonymous, and anyone could be an imposter. The whole thing bogs down in fear and loathing. Anyone speaking out of line is suspected of being some jerk with a Cessna, or worse, a lurking journalist itching to mangle some facts. It’s a fantastic read."Fear and loathing"??? That's a bit harsh ... I'm glad I very rarely bother with "Jet Blast"!

MLS

P.S. There are many worse things in life than being "some jerk with a Cessna".

High Wing Drifter
6th Aug 2005, 12:08
I think it refers more to Rumours and News. Jet Blast is the "informed" bit :)

cessna l plate
6th Aug 2005, 12:23
So does that mean that all Cessna pilots are "jerks" then???

If I were the sensetive type, I might take exception to this comment, there again, what can you expect from a journo???

Whirlygig
6th Aug 2005, 13:10
More likely, they WERE a lurking journalist hoping to get some dirt on some or other incident, were spotted and told in no uncertain terms to Foxtrot Oscar.

Cheers

Whirls

Send Clowns
6th Aug 2005, 23:08
Hey, Whirly, if you read the thread in JB I came to the same conclusion. Great minds, eh?

MLS-12D
6th Aug 2005, 23:57
More likely, they WERE a lurking journalist hoping to get some dirt on some or other incidentYou may well be correct. The Globe & Mail is based in Toronto, which as you might have heard was the scene of an Airbus accident this past week ... so it all fits.

cessna l plate, keep your chin up. Anyone who despises Cessnas is entitled to their own opinion, but they are the most popular light aircraft in history, and it's difficult to argue with success.

Gerhardt
7th Aug 2005, 03:56
I thought the jerks on here flew Pipers...? :O

Maude Charlee
7th Aug 2005, 13:18
Pilots' website!!!???:ooh:

Nobody told me. I'm only here for the sociology experiment gone awry.

You have to admit it though - they pretty much got their description bang on. :E :} By the way, does anybody know where the informed opinions are?