PDA

View Full Version : NJE changes callsign

redsnail
5th Aug 2005, 09:46
G'day,
I am sure most of you know by now that Netjets Europe has changed callsign from "Skyshare" to "Fraction".

I believe it was done on the grounds of minimising confusion with other c/s that have "air" in them. eg ryanair etc.

thanks

5milesbaby
5th Aug 2005, 13:53
Cheers reddo, news is gradually filtering around the ops room at Swanwick, however I expect our computer to take at least 3 months to change as always :suspect:

Needless to say the first time I was in work after the change was apparently 3 days after the actual change and even the Ops department hadn't got anything out to staff to let them know, hope they haven't fallen into the same time trap :rolleyes:

AlanM
5th Aug 2005, 17:45
.....and today we had

"Skyshare"
"Fractshare"
"Fratsher"

and the odd "Fraction"

.........and that was just the crews. (Maybe we should start claling them NetJets again!!?!?) :)

redsnail
6th Aug 2005, 00:44
I am sure I have tx'd

"Sky.. oh bollox Fraction..."

The Euronator
6th Aug 2005, 08:30
I may be way off the mark, but my reasoning for the change could
be the following

Skyshare is essentially a time-share of an aircraft. Although slightly different there is now a new player on the block known as Fractional ownership , hence the name change...Maybe ??

redsnail
6th Aug 2005, 08:51
According to the memos from our safety commitee it was decided to change the name from Skyshare to something else, this being Fraction (not Fractional) as it's less likely to be confused with other callsigns.

Netjets Europe is a fractional ownership company.

AlanM
6th Aug 2005, 10:03
The bigger issue with NJE we have is the positioning flights, and the apparant need to stay in Controlled Airspace. PM me for ideas to help the LCY/Biggin/LHR positioners!! :) Alternatively, get the chief pilot to talk to LTCC ops about it.

Most ATCO's get confused when they see a BIG-FAB positioner, go up to FL130 south of Gatwick, before leaving CAS over GWC towards Farnborough. (The same distance as Biggin-Farnborough!)