PDA

View Full Version : ATC visit

davinci
3rd Aug 2005, 15:21
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and have an intrest in atc,i myself work in the rail industry in a busy signalling centre.Myself and few other lads are looking to visit an atc centre,the thing is i don't know if it's the done thing or not,or even how to go about it.If it is possible would anyone be able to point me in the right direction.

Cheers :O

wynned3
3rd Aug 2005, 15:38
Try contacting the CAA and ask them can you get a visiting pass. Tell them that you are interested in the industry...fingers crossed.
www.caa.co.uk

davinci
3rd Aug 2005, 15:41
Cheers,

Thanks for the info.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Aug 2005, 15:46
Well I do know that several groups of ATC staff have visited railway signal boxes in the past. Seems like you lot are much like us - seriously bad sense of humour, etc!!!

Hope you get a visit in somewhere......

davinci
3rd Aug 2005, 16:06
Yeah so im being told years ago some of the lads from here(Reading panel)went to West Drayton for a visit,don't know how they wangled it though.We have a bad sense of humour and also a difference of opinion with the drivers,we're right they're wrong:O

Cheers

Barry Cuda
3rd Aug 2005, 16:44
Davinci, check your PM's

davinci
3rd Aug 2005, 17:48
Barry Cuda,

Thanks for your help that's really great should be able to sort a visit with a bit of luck.
Cheers everyone:O

A I
3rd Aug 2005, 18:00
Contacting the CAA might work but I doubt it. ATC at Centres (and lots of other places including LXGB (nearly)) is run by NATS. So try http://www.nats.co.uk

A I