PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Garmin 96C

Ojuka
2nd Aug 2005, 11:05
How do I get IFR airways and en-route intersections displayed on my Garmin 96C?

It seems to have only terminal areas and zones and VFR info as standard.

How can I also get rid of in-flight refuelling areas, glider zones and other unnnecessary clutter without dumping Danger Areas at the same time?

Thanks.

Circuit Basher
2nd Aug 2005, 11:31
How can I also get rid of in-flight refuelling areas, glider zones and other unnnecessary clutter without dumping Danger AreasAm I the only one to feel a significant degree of discomfort reading this from a PPL??

I personally do not regard gliding zones as 'unnnecessary clutter'.

Worried of Dorset. :\ :(

Ojuka
2nd Aug 2005, 11:34
The glider zone appears to be one that starts at 21000 feet and goes to 26000 feet, 40 miles from the nearest aerodrome. It is designated by a big thick red line which clutters the map around my local airspace.

Feel free to ask first if you want me to clarify on a point.

swordfling
2nd Aug 2005, 21:27
Ojuka,

Sorry I can't answer your question, and hope this doesn't send the thread off topic...!

I've been considering buying a 96C - are you pleased with it? Do you use the auto/marine features?

Thanks.

Barshifter
3rd Aug 2005, 08:04
Ojuka

You could perhaps alter your zoom settings.

Im nearly sure that it will only display the information that is relevent to your flight level.I suppose that if your flight level is somewhere around FL210 then it will display the glider zone.I must say it will be a bit scary at 21000 ft in a glider!

Cheers

Barshifter