View Full Version : TECHNICAL EXCHANGE

Airbornespanner
18th Nov 1999, 16:21
Gentlemen,
It would appear that we do not wish to proceed with the issue off pay and conditions , which I can understand as it could open a can of worms and after all we profesional engineers with little or no time on our hands and would rather get on with our job.
I would like to know how many out there would like to set up a sharing of technical information on the aircraft that they work on.
This, I believe could help us all to better understand the aircraft that we work on.
To start thinks rolling :
Problem : Kingair/1900 has trouble with steering either left or right or both, Maintenance manual calls for grease 17 to be used, I have found that while applying the grease get some one else to move the nosewheel through its full tavel allows the grease to better lublicate the bearings and eliminates the problem.
I hope that this helps some one out there.
Does anyone have experience on the Boeing 717
our company is in the process of getting some.

CCA
18th Nov 1999, 20:58
Great Idea.I hope it take's off no tip's at the moment cheer's

TwoDeadDogs
19th Nov 1999, 00:00
Noice wahn,moy sahn!
Very good idea.Maybe it'll start the verbals rolling.Doesn't the KingAir (200)use Grease 22 for the noseleg lube?
Regards
TwoDeadDogs

------------------
Drink,gurls,****,arse...

JET SET SPARKY
20th Nov 1999, 00:43
HERE ARE SOME TIPS THAT I SWEAR BY.....
1)NEVER EAT YELLOW SNOW
2)NEVER SHAG YOUR GIRLFRIENDS SISTER
3)NEVER TRUST ANYONE WHO SAYS"YEAH ..OF COURSE I'VE DOUBLE CHECKED THE REPAIR AND FUNCTION CHECKED IT ...JUST SIGN IT!"

UNABLE TO FAULT,PLS. MONITOR AND REPORT FURTHER :) :) :)

Airbornespanner
20th Nov 1999, 02:23
TwoDeadDogs,
Have double checked M/M's (Chapter 12-20-00)for both aircraft and Beech call up Grease 17 for the nose collar upper and lower bearings. I wish to point out that I was offering a technique to ensure that grease gets to all parts of the bearing and as with any advise that we may give in this type of forum the Manufacturers Data is to be followed at all times. Thought I should put that in as I do not want any repecussions.

growler
23rd Nov 1999, 04:30
As a side issue, Boeing have just reccomended aeroshell grease 33 as a substitute to 17 for 737 nose gear lube in an attempt to try and cure long running shimmy problems.

TwoDeadDogs
23rd Nov 1999, 05:09
Thanx,Luftspanner
Does that model of Kingair use a chain to pull up the front leg,like on the 200?
Regards
TDD

------------------
Drink,gurls,****,arse...

Airbornespanner
23rd Nov 1999, 16:35
TwoDeadDogs,
No mate she's got a diabolik undercarraige, no chains on these.
Growler,
just looked up my trusty aeroshell book, I do not appear to have Grease 33 in it, maybe I have an old edition, can you tell me what the grease 33 is please ?

greaseytech
25th Nov 1999, 13:37
Billy Boeing has recommended grease 33 for about a your now for 757 flaps and slats, with the option of using either grease 7 or, where appropriate 17. Unfortunately grease 33 while performing better than 7 or 17, is about 5 times the price. So will our air line use it? will they heck! With the problems of slat disagreement that we have experienced, perhaps it is about time we changed. But as our shares are floating around the 90p mark, may be not!

growler
30th Nov 1999, 10:27
airbornespanner; page 176 of 1998 edition of Shell book lists grease 33 as:
Boeing BMS 3-33 approved
Fokker Approved as alternate for grease 7
Gulfstream Approved for alternate to grease 7

Airbornespanner
1st Dec 1999, 01:50
growler,
thanks for that information, I will now get on to Shell and get an updated book.

H721
1st Dec 1999, 06:50
From my v v v vague memory. Aeroshell Grease 33 is of MIL-G-23827 standard, so can be used in place of Grease 7.

Have to check that.

------------------
Not much of an engineer