PDA

View Full Version : Sally B surprise

shortstripper
31st Jul 2005, 15:22
There I was busy milking the cows, fending off biting flies and generally thinking this is a mugs game, when a sound had me rushing from the parlour! .... Sally B! (well I don't think there are any other B17's in the UK) crossing overhead at about 700' flying along the south coast.

What a sight, what a sound :D , but I thought she was grounded due to insurance?

Long may she grace our skies!!!

SS

360BakTrak
31st Jul 2005, 15:29
I think Richard Branson has paid for a few months insurance until something more permanent can be arranged......sure I read something somewhere.:confused:

shortstripper
31st Jul 2005, 16:48
What's going on? .... Now I've just had two Spitfires in D Day landing stripes and a Hurricane circle the farm low level, formate and fly off toward Goodwood.

Bliss!

SS

DaveW
31st Jul 2005, 17:13
There was a Summer Air Display at Sandown today - that, perhaps?

Wish I'd seen it too :ok:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
31st Jul 2005, 17:33
Almost like the shock my wife and I got.... sitting watching the tiddlers at White Waltham on Saturday afternoon when a Catalina passed by north of the field!! Looks like it was one from Duxford heading for Middle Wallop... boy it was simply amazing. We've seen a good few Catalinas, but never previously seen one in the air.

BRL
31st Jul 2005, 18:31
Well, I have just had one of the spits circle around my house in the middle of Brighton a while ago, thanks Ray!!

Kolibear
31st Jul 2005, 19:43
I was up on the shed roof re-felting it when Sally B came over - Thanks chaps.

Perhaps we ought to start a thread - 'The most unusual place from which I've seen a warbird' :O

B Fraser
1st Aug 2005, 19:16
I heard the Cat pass by EGTB and I think I saw a P-51 heading north as I was on the crosswind leg. Very nice it was too !