PDA

View Full Version : A thankyou

gliderman69
31st Jul 2005, 06:44
Been PPL for 2 years and before that I was mainly a glider pilot so didn't really have too much to do with ATC.

Since starting my PPL I've always heard horror stories about ATC and trying to get transits through class D etc.

But I'll like to say that I've never had a problem anywhere that I've flown in the UK so far.

The service is always second to none. Not wanting to sound like I'm kissing arse but I've landed lots of times after a flight and thought "oh it was nice of XXX to allow me through, or wow I had a bad radio day and I wouldn't have entertained me, and i wonder how I managed to pull that clearance off!"

Flew to the channel islands on Friday, actually planned a route around Southampton just in case, but no issues was given a transit and handed over to Bournemouth to allow vectoring for a ryan jet to land.

Again top notch service.

Have I just been lucky with my ATC requirements?

Don't think so, there are times when I'm off on the radio stumblering over what to say still the same level of good service.

Anyone complains to me about ATC, I say there isn't a problem and if you were refused entry then, there was a reason for it.

So a big thumbs up guys :ok:

Right arse licking time over but I need to say thanks! :O

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
31st Jul 2005, 07:20
<<Anyone complains to me about ATC, I say there isn't a problem and if you were refused entry then, there was a reason for it. >>

Good on you.... if lots more pilots would only understand that simple fact life would be much easier! In my reasonably long career in ATC I experienced far more problems caused by light aircraft than I ever did with the big jets. However, I always did my utmost to provide the same service to all, and I know that goes for my ex-colleagues too.

aluminium persuader
31st Jul 2005, 07:42
I accept that there are some controllers who may look less equably on GA than others, but most of us really do try to accommodate everyone.

It's nice to be appreciated, and nicer still for someone to say so publicly.

TVM! :ok: