PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Air Race, Did Anyone 'Win' Tickets?

BRL
30th Jul 2005, 08:56
I know I didn't.......... :{

topcat450
30th Jul 2005, 09:04
Nope... place will no doubt be full of chavs anyway.. not that I'm bitter.

MikeAlphaBravo
30th Jul 2005, 09:10
No tickets for me either, been planning to go for the weekend for ages. Even booked Monday off work. GUTTED :yuk:

dublinpilot
30th Jul 2005, 09:48
Guys,

All may not be lost.

For the Red Bull Air Race in Ireland last weekend, you could gain entry, without a ticket, so long as you showed your pilots licence.

I heard this third hand, and was skeptical, so sent Red Bull Air Races an email. A very helpful lady called me back later in the day and confirmed, that so long as I showed my licence at the entry point on the day, I didn't need a ticket, and I could also bring a non-pilot guest with me.

Worked a treat.

Worth checking out for the UK event.

It's a great event! I really enjoyed it.

dp

Elixir
30th Jul 2005, 10:59
Has anyone won tickets?? I haven't won either...and have been walking around looking glum all morning:(

The email also said on no account turn up as the police will tow any unauth'd cars away, but get this, I CAN watch the televised version. Now that makes it all so much better.....

Fat Dog
30th Jul 2005, 11:13
Lots for sale on ebay. Just bought one for £50. Might sell it on again though if that pilot licence scam works...

muffin
30th Jul 2005, 11:59
Does anybody know if you can fly in by helicopter? I can't see anything on the web site about it.

bar shaker
30th Jul 2005, 16:39
muffin

The aircraft are not landing and taking off at the venue, they are using Wing Farm, just up the road.

I hope the licence is envoked here, as I don't know anyone who has won tickets.

stuartforrest
30th Jul 2005, 20:49
Nope not me either. Have you had the final round email because I have not got that yet. Perhaps I am the lucky one ormaybe my spam filter has picked it up.

BRL
30th Jul 2005, 20:55
Here it is................
Thank you for your recent request for a free ticket to Red Bull Air Race 2005 at Longleat on Sunday 7th August 2005.

We are really sorry to be the bearers of bad news, but due to the extremely high demand for these limited tickets, we were not able to fulfil every request and unfortunately yours was not successful in the final ballot.

Please DO NOT attempt to attend this event without a ticket as the local police force has informed us that any cars not parked in the designated areas for this event will be clamped and removed from the site. Furthermore, it will not be possible to walk to this event or arrive via public transport.

However, you can still catch all the action in a special Red Bull Air Race television series to be shown on Channel 5 in September 2005 (Please check your local TV guide for listings).

Best wishes
The Red Bull Air Race Team

stuartforrest
30th Jul 2005, 20:57
What time did you get the email and what was the subject header.

BRL
30th Jul 2005, 21:57
From, Red Bull Air Race UK

Recieved, 29/07/2005 21:05

Subject, Bad News! You Havn't Been Drawn From The Ballot

Secret Squire
31st Jul 2005, 00:53
I understand that if you present a PPL you get free entry to the race

BUT NOT AT LONGLEAT

as at Longlead you have to drive, and there is limited parking - hence the limited numbers :(

ah well, will have to content meself with watching it on t' telly

Barcli
31st Jul 2005, 12:04
Blimey maybe I was just lucky - any way the " ticket" is just a vehicle pass as they say they are only limited by VEHICLE space so you can fill a vehicle with as many as legally possible.

Now Mrs B and young B have decided its not for them - so its just me and empty vehicle at the moment - happy to fill it and meet somewhere ? anybody got a mini -bus ?
Compton Abbas car park at 09:00 ?

B

caterham
31st Jul 2005, 19:29
Hi
I didn't get tickets either.
I noticed you said the aircraft were being based at wing farm, does anyone know if the public would be allowed in there on the day or is that tickets only as well. Also does anyone know where the aircraft are being kept leading upto the event as if it was somewhere i could get to i would be interested to go and have a look.
Thanks

DaveW
31st Jul 2005, 22:13
My understanding is that the public will NOT be admitted to Wing Farm, and that security will be in place to ensure this.

It's a tiny place anyway, so unlikely you could see much.

Flik Roll
1st Aug 2005, 09:30
I didn't win any either...even entered unter different names and email addresses :{

Bob Stinger
1st Aug 2005, 21:18
Have won tickets and as yet only 2 of us are going, i would be willing to meet up with three other people so that they could share my good fortune, will post on Thursday to make sure its the same and then 3 people will be welcome.

revilo_rehsif
1st Aug 2005, 21:20
i got the email today, cant wait:E

Blueskyrich
2nd Aug 2005, 10:40
My girlfriend won some tickets so we're off there on Sunday. Really looking forward to it :)

englishal
2nd Aug 2005, 14:46
Yea, I have got a tickt (well my mate has, so thats the same thing). Another mate works for VW Audi, so he's spunging some massive people carrier for the day ;)

An exciting feature of the UK Air Race will be the Pit Lane which will feature not only the Red Bull Air Race Planes (weather permitting) but also the Red Bull Racing F1 team and the Red Bull Honda Bike team.

HandspringGuy
6th Aug 2005, 01:48
Guess who got a ticket yesterday.......:ok: