PDA

View Full Version : Learning to fly at two schools, at once?

RunwayInSight
28th Jul 2005, 22:42
Hi all,

First of all I've been watching, intriguing, laughing and learning over these PPRune forums for a while now, so thought it about time I said hello!

I've done about 20 hours C152 flying at Westair in Blackpool (loved every minute) and am flying my Air League Scholarship this summer to get me to 30 hours :D , but in September I'll be going back to Uni in Durham. With limited funds I'd normally be having a lesson a fortnight, which isn't great for continuity I know, but it's the best I can do. My question is, do you think it's possible or practical to do my training in Durham when I'm there, and then some more at Westair, and so on.

Anyway, look foward to getting to know you all!

Cheers, RunwayInSight

(Chris Pangburn)

rjt194
28th Jul 2005, 22:49
If not using two schools at once means that you're more likely to have a long break from flying, then I'd say use two schools. With less of a gap between lessons you'll be doing less skills revision.

It would probably make life easier aswell if you make both schools aware of the situation. Also make sure that your student record is kept up to date after each flight, and carry a copy of it with you so that each school knows how you are doing. Also make sure that you are happy with the instructors you have at each one.

BroomstickPilot
29th Jul 2005, 21:56
RunwayInSight,

Using two schools simultaneously is very far from ideal, but if that is the best you can do, then it is surely better than nothing.

What I would suggest is that you fly only with the one instructor in each school and put them in touch with one another.

With a bit of luck, they may be willing to brief each other on your current weaknesses and work on them in collaboration.

Good luck, Kid.

Broomstick.