PDA

View Full Version : PPL at Prestwick

Graham Borland
27th Jul 2005, 16:00
Which organisations offer PPL training at Prestwick?

The web site for Prestwick Flight Centre is out-of-date and in a poor state of repair, and it's not clear if they still offer PPL training ("This product is currently unavailable").

I see that Prestwick Flying Club seem to offer PPL training. What relationship (if any) is there between the Flying Club and the Flight Centre?

smith
27th Jul 2005, 16:03
There is no relationship at all. Sometimes instructors can be at both.

richarjm
27th Jul 2005, 20:34
And in answer to your question both offer PPL. The club is exactly that, a club. By all accounts very friendly and good value. The flight centre is more a business but many people their very friendly and good instructors can be found at both. I would recommend going along and having a look and decide for yourself which suits you.
For any more info send me a pm. The flight centre should have a new web site soon.

Chippik
28th Jul 2005, 08:38
richarjm is right go along to both and find out what each is like and if it would suit you. The flying club has more of a choice of aircraft to fly than the flight centre and isnt on a 9-5 basis, training can be done without hassle after 5 and is cheaper than the flight centre. If you look at the instructers page/section on the prestwick flying club website youll see what kind of background these guys have.