PDA

View Full Version : Atc Jobs Required(probably)

no slots
26th Jul 2005, 18:59
There will probably be 9 controllers with various ratings seeking employment very soon due to the unfortunate situation at Manston.Anything going?

Frunobulax
26th Jul 2005, 19:32
Which means that there will be 9 vacancies at Manston, or am I wrong?

Number2
26th Jul 2005, 19:54
Wrong I'd say!

Check out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/kent/4717881.stm

Frunobulax
26th Jul 2005, 20:03
Sorry, I didn't want to sound like I was joking...

Still being very serious: Poland.
The average offered salary in the UK ATC job offers hasn't attracted me yet; draw your own conclusions.

My unit needs at least 10 ATCOs in the nearest future. The sooner, the better.

benedictus
26th Jul 2005, 20:27
Bruno, is Polish language a requirement, fancy going to the country of my ancestors but don't speak the language

Frunobulax
26th Jul 2005, 20:33
There is not much rush to Poland from anywhere, so I have never eventually checked it (being Polish I never really thought about it).
Certainly Polish is not necessary in ACC, at APP you could do without it, much worse at TWR.

Red Four
26th Jul 2005, 21:34
No Slots

Well, Lydd have an advert in the latest Flight........

ferris
26th Jul 2005, 21:47
So what are the terms and conditions like?

Barnaby the Bear
26th Jul 2005, 22:17
I sincerely hope everything works out for you guys at Manston. . If the worst comes, and you have to find alternative units, I am sure in todays climate it won't be long before you find somewhere.
All the best :ok:

anatc2
27th Jul 2005, 06:09
frunobulax,

just out of interest what is the pay like in Poland for area controllers? and where are they mainly located?

Frunobulax
27th Jul 2005, 06:22
I don't work for at ACC, I believe they get around 35.000 GBP a year, might be somewhere around 40.000
Taking into consideration relatively low cost of life in Poland that sounds good. It's certainly less than they could get at the same position elsewhere, I agree. On the other hand my house (123 sq m on a 550 sq m ground), fully furnished, 10 minutes drive from one of Poland's largest cities cost 57.000 GBP. Try to buy that in UK!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
27th Jul 2005, 06:57
Something like this happened at a place where I worked - we put an advert in flight advertising 70-odd controllers "available". I seem to recall the boss soon disappeared... but that's not always a good thing - better the devil you know!

Anyway, good luck guys and gals..

niknak
27th Jul 2005, 17:23
Not too long ago the Manston ATCOs were given a massive pay hike which put them on comparable rates if not greater than a lot of non NATS airports.
A few of them applied to us saying they'd be willing to move if they were "employed on better terms and conditions".
I imagine that the very same letters were sent to many other places in the UK.
If they came to us they would do so on our terms, not theirs, and I imagine the same would apply elsewhere.

Whilst I sincerely hope that Manston keeps going as an airport and everyone keeps their jobs, if you want to move, the above still applies, (even within NATS).

RPMcMurphy
27th Jul 2005, 18:30
No need to kick the guys while they are down, Niknak. Don't know exactly how ATC has been affected, but they still have mortgages to pay and this has happened the wrong side of payday.
I for one would like to wish the Manston ATC, admin and other folks all the best and hope they get sorted out with something soon.

no slots
27th Jul 2005, 19:10
I would imagine that the Atcos who applied to you did so before the pay and terms & conditions were improved at Manston.Before that time the pay and terms & conditions hadn't changed for 5 years despite many changes at the airport i.e longer operating hours amongst other issues.The good will ran out.Most of the Atcos were quite happy with the new pay,t & c's.
We are not stupid.If it does go tits up in the next few days I can assure you that none of us would expect or demand to be taken on under our present t & c's.We will just be eternally gratefull for whatever we can get.

Dont tell um pike
27th Jul 2005, 21:17
niknak

is that really your best attempt at helping out a co-worker ?

Bad form old boy , bad form

dtup

niknak
28th Jul 2005, 10:47
Yes, a somewhat crass alcohol fuelled post methinks, apologies for any offence.

If it does go pear shaped at Manston, there are a number of posts (for experienced atco's with all three ratings, which must be previously validated) coming up with us between August 05 and April 06.

PM if I can help.

Meanwhile, I'll be wearing sack cloth and sitting on barbed wire.:ouch:

Frunobulax
28th Jul 2005, 11:06
So should I, sorry for my ignorance.

buzzerfish
30th Jul 2005, 13:14
jobs at durhamteesvalley circa 42k fully rated!:yuk:

LANDAFTERTHEWOT
30th Jul 2005, 13:25
As the airport is now closed, presumably until a buyer is found, if indeed a buyer CAN be found and Prescott does not get his way, I think all staff will be willing to take whatever they can!

:(

Punditgreen
31st Jul 2005, 09:22
Couple of posts for fully rated/validated controllers coming up at Humberside.
PM me or thru usual channels:cool: