PDA

View Full Version : What happened at gatwick today 25/7

BMI701EGCC
25th Jul 2005, 22:10
Evening pprune,

i might be totally out here but i heard that gatwick ATC was having trouble with conjection matters today, a Delta 767 was diverted to Manchester en-route from Cincinatti(forgive sp?) to Gatwick because of the high volume of traffic over south London, please forgive my vague input if im way out...

thankyou anyway hope you guys can shed some light on this matter,

Scott Waterworth

ATCTimmy
26th Jul 2005, 12:35
I was at the North Western perimeter fence and about 10 BAA Gatwick fire trucks rushed down towards the terminals sirens blaring and flashing lights and they were pusued by 3 police 4x4s.

About 10 minutes later they all positioned on the runway in different places very exciting as I had it all on radio!

AlanM
26th Jul 2005, 13:29
I know that on the 25th the ILS was still out so everyone was on SRA's - and the delays were building (Low cloud didn't help)

At least one aircraft diverted as it couldn't take an SRA.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
26th Jul 2005, 14:05
ATCTimmy.. You're so excitable I simply do not believe your profile, which says you work in ATC.

I do not believe that the fire vehicles were being pursued by the police - what were they going to do, nick them for speeding?? There is nothing remotely exciting about the emrgency services positioning themselves at designated positions along the runway. It happens very frequently for many reasons. If, as you claim ,you were listening to it on the radio you should know what it was all about anyway.

jettesen
26th Jul 2005, 14:16
can someone please answer the bloody question?????????:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

AlanM
26th Jul 2005, 15:50
It's a secret!!

:)

SilentHandover
26th Jul 2005, 17:21
What happened to Flowman's answer, it was nice and concise!!

as for an answer read AlanM's post!

Del Prado
26th Jul 2005, 17:24
Jettesen, I believe the question's been answered.

ILS out of service, low cloud/vis coupled with non precision approach caused the delays to build.
I'm guessing the Delta couldn't take the weather limits or (more probably) the delay and so diverted to manch

If you mean 'why was Timmy so excited?', I couldn't begin to speculate.

Exel
26th Jul 2005, 17:50
DAL diverted due to Co Ops proceedure of not being able to accept an SRA - Nothing Dramatic.

AlanM
26th Jul 2005, 18:01
exel you Blabbermouth!! :)

(Only jokiing mate - could have let this non-event run for days....!!!) :):cool:

Jerricho
27th Jul 2005, 14:43
Timmy is not, and has never been a controller, and should stop perpetutating the myth.

I'm very disappointed in you Tim.

(And believe me, this isn't a piss take)

flower
27th Jul 2005, 15:43
I always thought people dreamt of being Fast jet pilots or supermodels or something, wow to think we real ATCOs are now someones dream :cool:

Airdrop Charlie
28th Jul 2005, 06:56
What happened was, a 100+ bandits were spotted crossing at Dover...

68ft can of beer
28th Jul 2005, 14:14
Someone farted in the Control Tower. Clearly it was a shocker, so ATC had to take over landing duties. Hence, rescue crew...

Damn curry!!