PDA

View Full Version : BA Flight diversion

whattimedoweland
21st Jul 2005, 18:25
The BA flight from Lusaka to London diverted twice today.First into Nairobi with engine trouble.It then carried on and then had to divert into Rome!!,not sure what the reason was for the second diversion.

The news has come fresh from 'Galley FM' your station for gossip
:p . Bit of a long flight for the passengers and crew.
Has anyone got any further updates (factual)!!.

With this and fumes on the flight deck on a Baltimore flight last week maybe our new lovely leader Willy:suspect: can rush through an order for some new aircraft to replace these 767's!!.

WTDWL.

Hand Solo
21st Jul 2005, 19:04
Yes I have a factual update. First diversion due to lack of fuel availability at Lusaka, second diversion probably due to crew duty hours. Nothing whatsoever to do with engine problems. Best not pay attention to Galley FM, your station for completely uninformed c*** peddled by cabin crew.

Flightmech
21st Jul 2005, 19:13
I know how that feels. I was a pax on the TCX627L SSH-LGW Apr 21st. The crew had already operated LGW-SSH, then we took a 5 hour tech delay in SSH and eventually got airborne. However, we then had to divert to Rome due duty hours. 99% of pax were :mad: off about it but i would rather get halfway home and wait 2.5 hours for a recovery jet and crew and eventually get home than be stranded at SSH with no hotel rooms available until that crew became legal! After all, occasionally:mad: happens!

Slightly off-topic i know but had the out-of-hours in Rome similarity!

whattimedoweland
21st Jul 2005, 19:29
Thanks HandSolo (great name)!!:O for the factual update.I know very well Galley FM is often very much out of tune which is why I asked for facts:ok: . Remember this is PpRUMOURnetwork!!

Well heading to Narita now so I'll be able to get all the lateset 'Flight Crew FM' rumours in Flyers and the truck!!.They put fishermens stories to shame!! :D .

10 pints later 'when I was on TriStars'..............

Thanks for the update.

WTDWL.

apaddyinuk
25th Jul 2005, 19:38
Hand solo...
If it was due to duty hours as you say, then I assure you that this would be the story peddled out by the cabin crew...when it comes to our duty hours we dont make up stories!

Carnage Matey!
26th Jul 2005, 13:11
Flight crew duty hours would have been the limiting factor, not cabin crew.

Hotel Mode
26th Jul 2005, 14:19
And the 767's are younger than most of the jumbos and carry the same engines (in fact your "unreliable" 767 engines have been dangling off a 744 for a few months before they see a 76) So no big rush to replace. just cos they dont have bunks doesnt make them dangerous.