PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Weather like in San Diego??

TJF97
20th Jul 2005, 14:48
Can anyone tell me what the weather conditions are generally like in San Diego in November compared to Florida??

Cheese

TJF97

slim_slag
20th Jul 2005, 15:29
weather.com will give you the daily averages of any place in the states. San Diego is often voted as having the best weather in the USA, year round around 70F. Marine layer shouldn't be a problem in November.

San Diego (http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/climo-monthly-graph.html?locid=USCA0982&from=search)

Naples, FLA (http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/climo-monthly-graph.html?locid=USFL0338&from=search)

Flying Lawyer
20th Jul 2005, 17:15
San Diego has the best climate in the USA, and amongst the best in the world IMHO.
Summer is glorious. It's hot, but a comfortable dry heat unlike (for example) Florida which can be hot, humid and sticky.
Winters are generally very mild. Not sunbathing weather, but warm sunny days.

When it rains, it rains very heavily - but it doesn't rain very often.

It's also one of the most beatiful areas in America.

West Coast
21st Jul 2005, 04:24
Its hot as hell right now but November should be beautiful.

craig
21st Jul 2005, 08:57
And the flying in California is fantastic too.

Julian
21st Jul 2005, 12:15
Just beware the marine layer!!!!

TJF97
21st Jul 2005, 14:00
Anyone have expeience of Gillespie Field??

englishal
21st Jul 2005, 15:44
Nice place San Diego, the in-laws are naitives, living about 2 mins from Carlsbad airport.

November weather will be ok, BUT as Julian says, watch the marine layer in the mornings and late afternoons. Still you only have to escape into the desert for 100 mile vis and blue skies (either that or massive thunderstorms :oh: )

slim_slag
21st Jul 2005, 16:05
Gillespie is fine, good ATC and not as busy as places like Montgomery. The airfields in San Diego are slightly unusual in that they have proper members clubs which you rent from. Join the club and you get cheap hourly rates and no sales tax. Flying schools are more expensive and you get that nasty 8% extra thrown in for free.

englishal
21st Jul 2005, 16:10
Pacific Coast Flyers at Carlsbad is like that. $95 per hour for an Arrow IV wet...

http://www.pacificcoastflyers.org

I'm going to try the Travel Air K-4000 - NC324H (CRQ) next time I'm there ;)

psmd0311
21st Jul 2005, 16:30
The marine layer is worst in June (june gloom). But in Novemeber you wont have that problem, especially at gillespie as it about 15 miles inland. Might have some clouds over the coast at about midnight, but that’s all. Vis will be really good, much better than in the summer. And it wont be too hot either. ATC at gillespie is really good, lots of students training there so they are patient, and always happy to help out. If you are hour building there are some really good places to go. You have to go to Sedona. Anyway I spent two years flying out of gillespie everyday, if you want to know some interesting places to fly to in socal let me know and I can make a list.