PDA

View Full Version : Headset noise from window heat.

Lucky Angel
19th Jul 2005, 12:44
On our a/c we seem to be getting a lot of interference in the headsets and an annoying noise from the window heats.Just wondering if anyone knows how to stop this noise other than swiching off the side window heat.
The noise reduces by hitting the side of the headset a little bit but not completely.

Jonnie Walker
19th Jul 2005, 13:18
Lucky Angel,

Experienced the same problem with my David Clarks, so sent them off to be tested. The microphone shielding was found to have broken down and having a new mic fitted has totally solved the problem. When there's two of you flying with DC's, there's barely a background hiss audible.

However, the company supplied Peltors seem to suffer the same interference, some worse than others, so I suspect its not an uncommon problem.

Perhaps someone can offer a more technically based answer?

JW

Clarence Oveur
19th Jul 2005, 13:23
Just a wild guess here.
But do you think that stating type of aircraft and headset might be of any relevance?.

Piltdown Man
19th Jul 2005, 17:14
H10-40 + F100 = Noise from Window Heat
Peltors (don't know model) + F100 = No Noise
Peltors + F50 = No Noise
Stupid Sennheiser (?) + F100 = "Pardon, SAY AGAIN!" + "Half past seven".

Dixons Cider
20th Jul 2005, 17:10
Something I do not understand at all - noticed when the tone is present, the closer my hand gets to the windscreen, the louder the tone gets...why, I have no idea.
Does it mean I am somehow conducting from the EMF field of the heating elements?

Scarebus/Senheisser :ooh: