PDA

View Full Version : uk slots 16/07/05

G-MANN
16th Jul 2005, 10:56
BHD/LND really bad today for delays!!! ANM says that is due to ATC Capacity.

Now I haven't seen it this bad for ages. Are we sure that the delays are not down to sickness/staff shortage??

G-MANN

PPRuNe Radar
16th Jul 2005, 16:49
If it was then that's what it would say.

The delay code usually gives the answer.

Maybe it's the start of the school holidays or something ??

flowman
16th Jul 2005, 20:25
If they know they are going to be short of staff and the combined sector is planned, the delay is down to ATC capacity.
If somebody goes sick or what have you, and the plan is changed, the delay is contributed to staff shortage.
Like most things to do with flow, its political.
:(

G-MANN
16th Jul 2005, 21:13
Obviously a very frustrating game to play these days for everybody.

Thanks for all the slot improvements we've had in the past. They are appreciated!

G-MANN

PPRuNe Radar
17th Jul 2005, 00:55
Assuming the CIFLO data is correct, both the sectors mentioned handled well in excess of the published capacity during the Regulated periods (in the order of 20-25% more in some hours). I am not a West End expert but don't think the capacities were reduced in any way from their normal fully operational ones.

Instead of trying to suggest LACC were being economical with the truth, perhaps it would be more appropriate to wonder how bad the delays would have been if the staff hadn't done such a good job moving a lot more than their capacity was flowed for ?

G-MANN, where a pint is trying to be poured in to a half pint pot, there is always going to be an overspill (which manifests as delays in this case !!).

redsnail
17th Jul 2005, 10:37
PPRuNe Radar,
I am surprised you know that 1/2 pint glasses exist. :E :ok:

Jerricho
17th Jul 2005, 11:01
Who let Reds in here :suspect:

:p

flowman
17th Jul 2005, 14:18
G-MANN
My last post was from home. I'm at work now and the situation in BHD/LND area yesterday was as PPRune Radar suggested. It was just very busy with the usual mix of westbound oceanic traffic + the holiday flights + domestics ++......