PDA

View Full Version : Farnborough LARS Visit, 20th August

BRL
14th Jul 2005, 08:35
Hi all. We will be visiting Farnborough on the Sat 20th August. Please indicate your interest below. We can take up to 10 this time around.

The last visit was a great success, some excellent feedback received after that one and a nice pint and some food in the pub up the road afterwards topped off a great day.

If you would like to see what happens behind the scenes of a very busy unit and have a chat with the controllers then let us know here.

Dizzee Rascal
14th Jul 2005, 09:17
Is AlanM going?:O

Blinkz
14th Jul 2005, 10:43
Me please! I'd like to go, I've recently just changed airfields to blackbushe so Farnborough are my local unit now!

slayer
14th Jul 2005, 11:25
I'm just finishing my PPL at Blackbushe so a visit to those very helpful people at Farnborough would be fantastic so count me in please! :ok:

AlanM
14th Jul 2005, 16:54
errr - will have to think about that........ no.

thanks though!

BRL
15th Jul 2005, 11:48
B.T.T.T.............................

PA7
17th Jul 2005, 05:55
AlanM

Not even for 60mins ECT:)

ThePirateKing
18th Jul 2005, 07:41
Hi BRL,

Please add me to the list for this trip.

Rgds,

TPK:ok:

AlanM
18th Jul 2005, 09:32
PA7 we get frogmarched in on days off and strapped to the sim for our ECT (8hrs!)

We aren't allowed out on jollies for teas and stickies like you lucky lot! :)

BRL
26th Jul 2005, 14:22
Bump......................

cjhants
27th Jul 2005, 19:21
me too if you still have space

BRL
4th Aug 2005, 21:59
Those with your names down I will be getting in touch soon for your details. Check your PM's over the next few days. :)

Anyone else can come there is still room for a few more, just put your name down here please.

skydriller
5th Aug 2005, 18:52
BRL, I will be in the south of the UK and would be very interested in attending if there is still space...

Have sent (am sending after posting this!!) PM..

Regards, SD..

BRL
5th Aug 2005, 19:06
Excellent, it will be great to see you :)

skydriller
9th Aug 2005, 13:26
BRL,

Check PMs,

Cheers, SD..

What a Loop
9th Aug 2005, 13:47
Love to go if there is space

WAL

BRL
15th Aug 2005, 16:06
Hi all, I only have the details from two of you who have indicated interest.

Could the rest of you please send me your name, address, dob, nationality to me ASAP!!

Your details have to be with me by wed night at the latest.

Details I have so far are from Rhys S. Negative, Skydriller.

Waiting for G-DESK, The Pirate king, Blinkz, Slayer, cjhants and What A Loop. Please guys, send me your details now!!

The visit will be in the morning sometime.

Brl. :)

PM or [email protected]

MikeJ
15th Aug 2005, 20:58
BRL, I would always love to come, but because
(a) I came last year (and to the pub afterwards), and
(b) you had fewer spaces this year,
I did not volunteer.

If you have spaces to fill, count me in.
MikeJ.

BRL
16th Aug 2005, 14:55
No worries Mike, send me your details please and I will add you to the list.

Visit should be on for around 0930.

Anyone else want to come just send me the details needed above please. :)

EddieHeli
18th Aug 2005, 11:26
BRL,
Hope I'm not too late, would love to come with wife.
I've PM'd you the details

Regards
EddieHeli

What's a Girdler
18th Aug 2005, 14:55
I shall be flying then from Blackbushe in a Katana DV20 have a listen out!!:ok: :cool:

BRL
18th Aug 2005, 19:36
Here is the map, you have to be at the Ively Gate entrance at 0930.

http://www.btinternet.com/~paul.evans28/mapToFarnborough.gif

cjhants
19th Aug 2005, 07:49
hello,
you should have my details, only picked up email earlier this week.
do we need any ID?
see you there.
john.

BRL
19th Aug 2005, 09:52
Hi John, I would take, as a precaution, your driving licence or passport or something just in case.

You will have to meet up at the Ively gate entrance, there is a small car park just behind the security box. Just wait there and someone will drive over and sort you all out. I am afraid I will not be able to make this one. :(

EddieHeli
20th Aug 2005, 20:29
Attended today.
Most informative, thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants to see what the voice on the other end of the radio can see.
Nice to find out why we might be asked to do certain things and see how the big picture looks.
I for one will now be much more appreciative of the service I receive from now on.
Thanks to all responsible for organising it and to the duty staff at Farnborough who looked after us.

EddieHeli (and Mrs Heli)

BRL
20th Aug 2005, 20:59
Many thanks for organising the visit, which was once again very interesting, informative, and just a bit scary (watching on radar as Angela threaded a rather fast-moving Citation and Global Express through bimbling light aircraft and a field of gliders!)

If you could pass on my thanks to her, and the other controllers for whom we were an added distraction, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks again, and kind regards,
Just a quick note to say thanks for organising today's visit. Too bad you couldn't make it. It was so interesting to find out what goes on there. Please pass on thanks to Angela and the team there for accomodating us on a busy Saturday morning!
Cheers,

Two bits of praise received today after the visit. Many thanks to Stu and Ang for sorting things out, you know visits like this are very much appreciated by all. :ok:

PA7
22nd Aug 2005, 09:57

Many thanks for organising the visit, which was once again very interesting, informative, and just a bit scary (watching on radar as Angela threaded a rather fast-moving Citation and Global Express through bimbling light aircraft and a field of gliders!)

Blimey I thought the idea was to vector around the gliders and light aircraft. :\
Tis a shame that the LARS is closed so often due to 'staffing' :E

skydriller
26th Aug 2005, 08:22
A bit late I know, but only got back home t'other evening....and just wanted to add my thanks to all who took time out to show us around, and to yourself BRL for organising it.

I found the visit really interesting and "I learnt alot about ATC from that" to borrw the well know phrase. The one thing that sticks out in my mind about the visit was all of the contacts out there on the screen with either only a basic sqwark Mode A or not bothering at all - why do it? Use Charlie!!

Regards, SD..